Woody Point

Aggro101

Hi all, this is my first post, so I hope this works.

I went fishing around from Woody Point on the 28/12/08 during the afternoon and hooked 2 small squire by drifting across the reefs with soft plastics. Also had one massive bite that took line for about 2 seconds before snapping the 12 pound line.

There was very little wind when I first got there, but it did pick up a bit after an hour or so. Interestingly, that's when I got the fish!!

Who'd-a-thunk-it?

Also went yesterday 29/12/08 at the same location and time, but it was very choppy so I only did one pass drifting before deciding to drift inside opposite the BP servo for whiting. Heaps of whiting there, yum!

Going again tomorrow (can you tell I am on holidays?) at 6am, so before the high tide this time with hopefully no too much wind, so we'll see how it goes.

Stiff rods everyone, by for now.

Just got back from Woody Point again today (31/12/08). In the water by 7am and left at 11am. It was like a sheet of glass with no wind and very little current. Using squid for bait, there were plenty of small bites and 3 of us caught a small squire each and I caught a small reef shark. All went back in the water of course. There was the odd larger bite from time to time but none were hooked.

That's it for today. Going again next week for an overnighter, but not sure if I'll go to Woody Point or not. I have heard parts of Noosa River might be worth a try for night fishing for snapper.

Stiff rods everyone.

I have caught 1 and seen 2 other tiny squire caught in the noosa river when I was much younger. These fish were seriously like 15cm thought.

Jacks in this weather would be the prime Noosa target. And trevs for that matter.

Woody Point at night would more likely produce a kepper squire than the noosa put it that way!

Good luck!

Angus

Archived