Fishing Fees & Rec Licence

Brian D

I think we all agree that something has to be done. Catch rates are down everywhere. I don't know about anyone else but I would gladly pay $50 for a 3 year licence to rec fish in QLD if they gave me 50 baby Barra or Squire to release into the bay. Would anyone else pay a fee to restock our waterways?

Yeh mate I would. Not just to restock but also to buy out commercial licenses like they do in nsw. I mean, would you $50 for a new fishing device that catches you more fish? Because if you think about it thats what could possibly happen if they did introduce a license.

I would gladly give money to someone to release fish babies into our system. How ever i do not beleive that we should have to pay to fish. I have spoken to many NSW anglers, and have not found 1 that enjoys paying the fees, or feels that the money payed has helped at all.

I for one do not believe we should pay, or register as its our right to fish our waters. If poeple stick to the catch rules and regs all will be fine. Maybe increase the fines and lower the bag limit,

I already pay.

Baroon $50 a year

Hinze $40 a year

General Impoundment $35 a year

Pine (when available) $110 a year

So hows that add up - $235.

I reckon a general licence would probably be much cheaper. Not that I begrudge the money for restocking, but I bet \"she who must be obeyed\" would if she ever bothered to find out exactly what all the licences cost me!

Ash _ have to agree to disagree. When I played footy I paid annual rego fee for development of the game, same goes for most sports. I do agree that we should be able to fish anytime anywhere for \"free\". But I fish for pleasure and I get more pleasure when I catch fish.

As to buying out the pros - I say NO give em nothing. After all they are the reason the fish stocks are so low in the first place. If anything I say they should pay 50% of the restocking fee. The pro licence should be so expensive it would not be profitable for them to operate.

Also further restrictions on the areas the pros are allowed to operate is needed. If they want to net they should go outside to open waters and leave the breeding grounds alone.

While I'm on my soap box I do not think that blameing rec fisher people for the low stock levels is a aceptable argument. How can my 1 hook on 6lb line compete and do the same damage as a 200mt net being dragged up and down the sea bed. It is even worse when two trwalers work side by side to make sure they don't miss anything.

Be reasonable and follow the bag limits and regulations, further don't kill anything you don't need. But don't put me and my hook on the same plate as the greedy pros. They should all get real jobs like the rest of us.

Post edited by: kazabri, at: 2006/06/11 02:44

Post edited by: kazabri, at: 2006/06/11 02:50

Post edited by: kazabri, at: 2006/06/11 02:53

Post edited by: kazabri, at: 2006/06/11 02:57

Im with ash, i dont agree with paying to fish, In fresh water i understand but in saltwater i dont. saying that I would gladly pay $50 to have more fish stocked into our waterways. I would also pay $50 to see more fisheries officers on the coast on the school holidays, cause seriously the amount of under sized fish caught up the coast is crazy.

Dave: you make a good point about the under size and extra fisheries inspectors. In fact, moving to Qld from the Tweed I have not been stopped by one fishery officer in 4 years. Down sth I got pulled over every weekend. Maybe the extra officers could patrol the banks and jettys, educating the kids and fining the adults with them.

A problem with part time school holiday rec finging people is that they have know idea how to release a fish alive. By the time they get it off the hook the poor bugger looks like a chinese fish cake.

Maybe some of the funds collected from the above mentioned \"fees\" could go towards community based school holiday fishing class/days/events. Oh yeah and restocking!

Post edited by: kazabri, at: 2006/06/11 08:34

Hey Kaz i gotta sya you'd be the only southerner wgo isnt against the fee i've met. Dont get me wrong,the theory behing haveing fees and lic is good and true, but then again the theory of communism is also good.

What we'll end up finding is the prices for the reg getting higher and higher, without actually seeing the beniefets.And the places we can fish get slowly blocked by too many eco freaks, Once again dont get me wrong, im big on the whole clean enviroment thing, but they can go too far.

I think they should just make the fees much higher, and enforce the rules harsher.

Having said all of that, I would buy a lic in a second if it became law. Im just hoping it wont come down to that

id pay $50 per 3 yrs... esspecially if they were putting it towards fish stocking and cleaning waterways... the government could make the fees complusory and make a load off it cose i dunno about all of you but if you were forced to pay money to fish im sure i would cose i love it so much... id even pay if it was $100 yr, only because i cant live without doing it 2 or 3 times a week!

troy

Archived