New Forum Categories added to site

AFO

In our endeavour to keep the forum organised and easy to find information, some new forum categories have been created.

These are:-

FISHING:

> Crabbing

A place to talk about crabbing

> North Queensland

A place to talk about, ask advice on North Queensland(Bundaberg and north). If you have done the trip then you should post in Fishing Reports> North Queensland and not in here.

> Overseas

There are now separate categories for Interstate and Overseas. Again, this is to talk about and ask advice about Overseas. If you have done a trip overseas post in Fishing Reports > Overseas.

TACKLE, BAIT AND ACCESSORIES:

> Bait

A place to talk about bait, so live and fresh bait as opposed to lures.

FISHING REPORTS:

> North Queensland

If you have done a trip to North Queensland post here with your report.

> Overseas

There are now separate categories for Interstate and Overseas. If you have done a trip Overseas post here with your report.

OUTDOORS:

> Cars and Trailers

Talk about cars and trailers here.

> Diving and Snorkelling

Talk about scuba diving and snorkelling here

CLASSIFIEDS:

> Jobs and Employment

Employers can post jobs here or if you are looking for a job

> Swap and Borrow

Post here if you want to swap something or borrow or lend something.

GENERAL CHAT:

> On Sale

A place to post about upcoming or current sales on in fishing and tackle stores, or on online stores.

> Television, Videos and Press

A place to post about upcoming shows on tv, a dvd that is on sale, a magazine on sale, a video on youtube etc.

> Pets

Talk about pets here. So fish and aquariums, dogs cats etc.

> Thanks and Congratulations

Want to thank or congratulate someone, say on posting a number of posts, post in here.

So we ask all moderators to actively go through the forum and move appropriate topics into these new categories!

Please be aware that we have done a fair bit of tidying up and organising of the forum and so if you cannot find a post please do a thorough search or look at the categories and work out which one it might now be in. We have not deleted any posts just moved them into more appropriate categories.

If you feel we are missing a category or something should be renamed please tell us in the Website Wishlist and Suggestions forum category.

Hey everyone,

Just further to this quickly.

After moving quite a lot of threads into their appropriate categories (and I know Webby did a lot more than me), its abundantly clear that topics put into the wrong section get far less reponse. That alone is a very good reason to take the time to think "Where is the most logical location for my post".

Cheers.

Angus

Another category has been added to the forum.

TACKLE, BAIT AND ACCESSORIES:

> Rods and Reels

A place to talk about rods and reels.

Could all moderators please go through the Tackle and Accessories category and move appropriate Rod and Reel threads to this new category. thanks

MOD NOTE: I have quickly gone through the Tackle and Accessories and moved (I hope) all of the topics up until 6 months old into the Rod and Reels section. So if anyone goes through the T&A, you know roughly where to start looking:) - Terry H

Archived