A memorable morning

bretto

Went out to one of my spots this mornin hope of luring some bream on the surface. When I turned up there was a frenzy of activity and some big fish tearing bait apart. I quickly looked in my bag for my 10lb leader but left at home so I tied on the heaviest I had at 4lb :unsure: First cast with a smith towadi and zzzzzzzzzzzz I was nailed hard by something at speed and loosing line fast. After a 3 minute tussle I manage to land A PB 45cm Big Eye.

Next two casts produced legal breambos.

Went a bit quiet as the sun rose higher so I headed down to a open bay with a small rockbar and I was smashed with a small flash of red and then rubbed off within seconds. Moments later after tying on a Sammy I was nailed again by a monster jack which headed for the open and current taking alot of line with it and after about 2 minutes I got it near the rockbar again only to have it rub me off.

Would have been about 55cm :ohmy:

I will be going back tomorrow. :P

Here is some pics.

[img size=333]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/aweir04.JPG

Hey Bretto, how'd you work the Towadi? I've tried a few times, in glassed off water, but can't seem to get the action right. I use 6lb fluro leader, with 4lb braid. Is the fluro the problem?

I've got a dog x jr (very similar to the sammy 65) sorted out, but can't get a towadi to work:(

Thanks

Cowfish13 wrote:

Hey Bretto, how'd you work the Towadi? I've tried a few times, in glassed off water, but can't seem to get the action right. I use 6lb fluro leader, with 4lb braid. Is the fluro the problem?

I've got a dog x jr (very similar to the sammy 65) sorted out, but can't get a towadi to work:(

Thanks

I work it in short bursts with quite a fast walk on 4-8lb leader and i find it has a real wide walk for small stick. Got alot of bream popping it like a popper too. I always use fluro mate and haven't had any probs yet but a few people I have talked to wont use it when on the surface.

Archived