Council chambers

heidii

kriso wrote:

went to draculas not long ago for a christmas party and the water behind there had a fair bit of surface action.

one of my all time favourite canal spots there kriso - tremendous amount of bait .. we've gotten jacks (by we i mean i watched my mate catch several here - bastards), trevs, monster bream and unknowns doin us in under the pac fair bridge .. even big squid ... i wrote a fair bit about this in my post on the sharing thread!!!!

heidii wrote:

thanks for the tips guys! Hopefully I may have a photo or two to put up this weekend! *fingers crossed*

I am fishing from 1:00am in the morning till sunrise... The only problem i have found with fishing so late/early is all the bums around the place...scary :unsure:

yeah u are on a bit of a scum thoroughfare back from surfers to the slums ...

at that time of morning have some metal lures ready for the trevally who like to show up before sunrise ... they used to bust up all night thru the first bridge from the GC hwy on monaco st which is little tallebudgera creek.. so they'de be up bundall road way as well! good luck dude

kriso wrote:

yeah mate should becarefull hey i dont want to come across sexist or anything but you should have someone with you hey.

Yeh I got my partner with me, I'd be too scared by myself! Most times we dont stay out to late cos we have come close to being attacked at night by people!..will have to keep a knife with us now

got me there heidi, i only went with friends, they only fish for jacks, i can tell you,it's only about 50 mtrs to the nerang river and the other side of the bridge is a corner that goes right, and from memory there should be a big white boat on the nerang river side and across from that are units that i would fish from the balcony,1 of those places i know how to get to, but hard to tell where it is, however i do know there is a beach about 500 mtrs on the nerang from where the bridge is.here we go.it's the first bridge west from the gold coast highway, my ref says m14, remember the bend......

cheers rob.

anytime ya need a navigator just oi me lol

good luck ay

heidii wrote:

kriso wrote:
yeah mate should becarefull hey i dont want to come across sexist or anything but you should have someone with you hey.

Yeh I got my partner with me, I'd be too scared by myself! Most times we dont stay out to late cos we have come close to being attacked at night by people!..will have to keep a knife with us now

carefull pullin a knife hey as it can turn to shit quite quickly. its better to move on and prevent gettin stuck in the shit then hanging round trying to fight it out. a quick call to the cops normaly gets things moving quickly specially if you mention your a woman being harrased by a group of males.

Update on Council Chambers:

Went there saturday morning from 1:30am - 5:30am - Didnt land anything but got busted off 4 times by some big fish!...am using 20lb braid and 40lb leader.

Was quite a good spot, no one around at all and was quite lit up!

Spoke to a guy at Tackel world in southport about maybe getting heavyer leader but he advised not to as it will put the fish off, he said not to even bother trying to fish at council chambers because there are too many rocks to get broken off at, esp landbased.

Sunday morning....went out on the boat this time!..from 12:00am - 7:00am went back to council chambers and got NO bites what-so-ever. Decided to then fish at the sea way around 6:00am. Only got one little flounder :(

....*sigh*..i will keep trying for jacks :blush:

• 12 years later...
43 minutes ago, Jammy11 said:

Hey mate  what times do you fish that bridge with livies as the current rages through that spot. And do you use a light sinker

If that's the case try fishing it around the turn of the tide, be that a high or low. If you can match that up with dusk or dawn all the better.

2 hours ago, Jammy11 said:

Hey mate  what times do you fish that bridge with livies as the current rages through that spot. And do you use a light sinker

Hey Jammy

Just letting you know the original post was made 12 years ago, so i don't think you'll get a response.

Ellicat is 100% right. In any area where there's high tide try and fish around the tide change window.

Cheers Hamish