Gateway area

Brian D

Started out at 3.30am, had the boat in water, car in the park and cast net flying by about 4.15am. Collected just enough lives for the 7' snapper rod and 4500 reel to be the set gun with wire for anything big that happens to swim by, nothing came by. Targeting Brissy river bream on extra light gear (seeing I didn't get to Tweed). Headed for the north pillon but when I got there 2 boats had beat me to the spot. Don't they have a life - it's only 4.30am. So I headed for the south pillon only to find another boat sitting in my other spot.(and i thought i was the only idiot - it was only 4*C.)

I anchored up anyway just in time to watch the trawlers start up their patrol. I kid you not there was more then ELEVEN TRAWLERS working the area from Quarries reach to Eagle reach. I stayed for about an hour and got nothing. Couldn't loose a bait cause the water was so mucked up by the trawlers nets.

I moved to Lytton Rocks to play with some small squire (real pinkies), also a nice moses perch, small estary cod and some bream. No tropies but at least they were fish.

Went back to the gateway thinking that the trawlers would be gone (10.00am) but no, 6 of them were still there. The water was still realy muddy even at the top of the tide. Got 1 bream in two hours so I went home.

Tried pillys, squid, live prawns,live mullet and plastics.

Post edited by: kazabri, at: 2006/06/12 10:06

Post edited by: kazabri, at: 2006/06/12 10:10

Archived