Finally....First Mangrove Jack

heidii

Full moon last night and just had to go fishing spite having to get up early for work the next day.

By 10:00pm we had caught a few live bait INCLUDING 2 small live squid. Cos of work we decided not to venture too far from home so went fishing just at the end of our street. Was only there for 5 minutes when the live squid was HIT HARD...typical though, as the rod and reel it hit on was the shitty little k-mart set up instead of my new daiwa reel! Of corse the line broke so we wernt able to see what it was. About 20 minutes later my partner decided to move his live bait and when he reeled it in we saw that the line wasnt in the place we put it but back towards us, underneath the rocks. He went down trying to "unsnag" himself when a fiesty little jack came bolting out from underneath the rocks. Finally after 2 months we landed our FIRST mangrove jack!! Only 30cm but am thirlled to finally see one in the flesh :woohoo:

Here are the photos:

First_MangroveJack_small.jpg

First_mangroveJack2_small.jpg

...all thats left now it to catch those bigger ones that keep busting me off!!! :fishing:

good stuff, you put in the hours for sure. too bad bout the bustoff, i hate that feeling so much.

one time we were fishing the mouth with whole tailor on gangs as bait, saw a few big'uns on the sounder, mate pulls up a 90cm jew and i get a big hit that's lost to crap tackle :(

Rocket75 wrote:

heidii wrote:
[...specially since now im a pro!! LOL!! :silly:

might be hard to walk the rocks and beaches in high heals and fish nets though:ohmy: :woohoo: :P

All kidding aside, well done to both of you on the MJ, hope its the first of many.

Lol, how rude!....I mean Pro..FESSIONAL! :P

Archived