Texas Bull Redfish

redfishgirl

Most are caught with cut mullet and sometimes crabB) but that is for the big bulls, The smaller fish that are 20-28 inches are called slot sized fish. Those are legal to keep, we can only keep one fish a year the size in the pic:cheer: The slot fish will hit just about anything you cast at them:side: :fishing:

Only one fish over 28inches, and we don't eat the big ones anywayB) Slot fish rules let us take three fish a day:) I caught a bull a few months ago and spent 30 min trying to revive it and it wasn't going to happen:( So I ended up taking it to the taxie so it will be with me foreverB) The funny thing is most of the guys I fish with don't even eat fish:ohmy: I don't either, We just C P R;)

Nice fish! I think those bullreds turn up about now, if not in the very near future in large numbers around Texas.

They have a resemblance to our Jews etc, but the reds look like they are a much more solid fish. Suppose to be a pretty good fight! Some of the TSF guys target the bull reds in winter/late winter before the sharks start coming back on

wesfish wrote:

good looking fish , i bet they are full of power, did it pull the yak around a bit? top pictures and good to see a different sort of fish!!:)
We call it a Texas Sleigh Ride:silly: Once you get hooked up, unhook the anchor and WHOOSH, goneB) And if you don't unhook the anchor they will pull you and your anchor around:woohoo:

redfishgirl wrote:

TerryH you are right:ohmy: The big reds were runnin until about two weeks ago, but then the bite almost stopped:blink: We are now starting to get into "Big Uglys" as they are biteing earlier than normal:huh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't be too shocked :laugh:

Are you Up near matagorda, or further up near galveston

Or south near PINS?

Galveston BabyB) But I fish Matagorda and High Island for the big fish most of the time:) I fish my home waters for keeper fish:cheer: In fact I am camping at Matty this weekend for some BTB for bull reds, big uglies and sharks. If the weather is not good for BTB I have revenge to attend to with our "flatties" :evil:

Archived