Tallabudgera Creek/Berleigh Headland

Angus

Well sorry about the late post on my tallabudgera creek adventure. I guess i have not exactly been motivated due to the lack of success :(

The first day was ok. I was desperate to give my yak its maiden voyage so i launched by myself in the creek. I tried a few snags for Jacks but to no avail. As the ocean was really calm i decided to head out through the surf and try and rocky reef off the headland of berliegh. This was to my benefit as a bagged a nice 40 odd cm Gold Banded Snapper. An awesome eating fish. This was caught on a halco scorpion, the larger gold one in the tackle box picture.

The second day Terry drove down and launched with me. I must say, dissapointing. The creek is the fishiest looking place i have ever fished! I will add photo's to prove that. But we got not one hit the whole day. All we saw anyone catch as well was whiting on yabbies. Oh well, due to its natural appeal i would still fish this creek again. It was good to get my yak out before the Baroon trip though.

Good fishing all.

Picture: My Yak left, Terry's right. [img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/2Yaks.JPG

post-63-144598404903_thumb.jpg

Mate one place i did not try enough that i think you would do well to hit up land based is the rock wall. I reckon there would have to be Bream, Cod and possibly Jacks hugging that wall on the deep side. And in the deeper water id be surprised if there were not Taylor and Trevs. The things you mentally work over in hind site are always annoying arnt they!!!

Angus

Your not wrong about the traffic on the water Shaggy. I seriosuly found it calmer in the open ocean than in the creek thanks to all the wake boarder :evil:

Good luck to both Gerty and Shaggy while your down there. Hopefully we will have two successfull Tallabudgera creek reports when you return!

Angus

angus how far upstream did you go by the look of the pics you only got as far as yabby island. thats the top end of the esturine section, too much traffic as you said. that area fishes best at night with livebait. you need to get into the creek proper above the pacific highway bridge about 3 k upstream from snag 1 and head up from thereB)

Yeah we went well past the bridge jeff.

I just did not pull the camera out to often due to the lack of activity.

We also went well into the canals. There were literally millions of prawn fry. But nothing hitting these either. I should ahve been a pelagic paradise with all the food. Maybe they were all full ;)

Angus

• 1 month later...

Archived