Pumicestone passage 12/04/09

plugga

I am no expert on the pumicestone but the few times I fished there from the one of the hire tinnies a few years ago we managed plenty of flatties with the occasional grassy sweetlip or small squire thrown in.

I found it best drifting between bongaree and the bridge or fishing the banks where the yachts are moored near the bridge.

Never fished lures there but they should work well for flatties along the edges of dropoffs.

Not 100% sure as never fished there on a boat with a sounder but there is meant to be some decent structure around the entrances to the canals.

The sand bank I referred to in my previous post has a decent drop off along its edge. Its pretty much directly south of the middle of the bridge.

There are a few poeple on the forum who fish up there regularly. They might chime in.

Im a regular fisho of the passage and there are a few good spots around. if you are near the bridge head towards the bongaree jetty and look towards the shore when you see the iga stay about 150 off the shore and there is a nice ledge out there. if you are heading the other way there is a set of canals called pacific harbour if you head north from the bridge its probly about 1k from the bridge on the right hand side. if you fish on the north side of the red marker at the mouth of the cannal there is alot of structure on the bottom so stay in line with the marker from the shore but be about 20m north of the marker.

Good luck and hope you get a few fish.

Archived