rod storage

nadders

Same here. I just keep them in the holders an dthey seem fine as long as the holders are cast stainless or decent plastic and the not crap stainless ones that are just spot welded.

Was crossing the northern bay once with a friend in his 6.5m barcrusher at night and he nearly flipped the boat on a breaking wave on a sandbar. The rods in the rocket launcher were fine even though I was onvinced we had lost them. Needed a change of undies after that episode.

I have since renamed his boat sandbar crusher.

a few years back i had a 4.6 sea jay similar to yours, accurate welding made up the rails and a cutting board above the motor, which also housed 6 rods, i must say it was bloody brilliant for the fishing i was doing at that time, around moreton bay, around yellow patch, 45 k's off the goldie, never knew they were there, never in the way, and never lost a rod, it looked like 1 of those polling platforms, and it could be used for that easily, and left the rest of the working area free, no trip points. was also a great spot for 1 of those 55 watt spotties, tucked up underneath. what i did was to buy the boat pretty much bare with the platforms the way i wanted them, used the boat for 3/4 months and thought about what i wanted and where, everything had to be easy to get to, but out of the way. so when the boat was loaded , it still looked empty.

Archived