North Pine Dam 21/01/07 - Dawn Mission

Angus

Well after seeing all these huge bass coming out of North Pine i wanted a crack myself!

So up at about 4:00 i rose and drove up the North Pine with Ash and Troy. At the Dam we also met up with Jake (Reef Raider) and Travis (OzTrav).

The casting began immediatly and it was not long before Ash was onto his first fish of the day on a Tassie. After a couple pics a healthy little bass was released.

Not long after this Troy hooked up with a solid 40cm bass on a Jakal. After some nice little runs this was also released. I was beginning to get a little worried that my hook up was not coming when \"BANG\" my jakal got smashed.

I quite like fishing for bass with a light drag when there are not many snags arounds. This prolongs the fight and you can still feel the strength particially with bigger bass. So after quite a few nice runs and visible swirls, i landed an awesome bass 52cm to the tip. However 49.5cm to the fork. Hahaha oh well i was far from dissapointed even though i am yet to join the 50 club.

Other notable mentions should go to Travis, for his first Bass ever on a paddle tail gulp. And Ash lost something big again on a tassie.

Note: Even though we fished till after ten, every fish was landed between 5:00am and 6:30am. A good note for anyone wanting to try this dam out.

Final Score:

Angus: 7 bass.

Troy: 5 bass.

Ash: 2 Bass one dropped.

Travis: 1 Bass.

Jake: Sorry mate. Out for a duck. Better luck next time.

All in all a pretty good way to spend a Saturday morning.

Angus

Picture: Ash with the first bass of the day. [img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/FirstBass-4f5f26d544e51555065460e1596b3858.JPG

post-63-144598405905_thumb.jpg

Angus wrote:

i landed an awesome bass 52cm to the tip. However 49.5cm to the fork. Hahaha oh well i was far from dissapointed even though i am yet to join the 50 club.

Picture: Ash with the first bass of the day. [img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/FirstBass-4f5f26d544e51555065460e1596b3858.JPG

When are you blokes gunna read the rules and regulations, fork tail fish are measured to the tip, not the fork. :huh:

Archived