14-15ft half cabin needs work $900 ono

sharker

4.5m half cabin boat with 75hp Chrysler. Ironically named "She Goes" the boat has gone no where. It was bought a few years back by a couple of mates with the intention of doing it up. With no outboard expertise between us and no mechanics that will look at a Chrysler we basically gave up and the boat has remained dormant. The pics of the boat are when it was first bought but please beware that it needs some cleaning up since those photos were taken. Its been sitting in my front yard and the ball and chain has had enough. The boat was registered when we bought it so I could only assume it worked. To be honest we didnt even really try to start it because we figured we wouldnt want to go out in it incase the engine died. It is on a trailer in fair condition with the tail light attachments that work. Both boat and trailer are unregistered. The interior is neat and clean. The windscreen has been removed but can be re-fitted as the perspex needs replacing and one of the side hand rails needs work also. As you can see in the photos there are no seats fitted. As you can probably tell I dont know much about boats but will try to answer questions. Prospective buyers can happily inspect and the boat is located at Loganholme.

Photos to come shortly. [img size=600]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/shegoesboat.jpg

Bugger.... I got stimulated last week.....(and got the tax money...but thats another story :ohmy: )...bottom line is its gone, and now I'm gonna cry. I will keep watching though, in case I find some more in the couch :laugh: , keep us all informed when you sell it :( .

Hi guys...with this deal pretty much sealed...I dont think sharker will mind me diverting the thread a little. Whilst the trailer is in good condition (with the exception of a couple of semi deflated tyres)...what should it cost to get it moved from Cornubia to Raceview in Ipswich....neither of us have a vehicle with towbar :blink: , hey who needs to worry about minor details :laugh: ......the trailer is unregistered so I'm guessing maybe a trayback towtruck or something similar? Any responses appreciated in advance.

Jason

Cheers sharker.....I think I may start a blog on the whole project and anyone interested in following its progress can check it out. I was anticipating having it ready to go on the water by the end of the year...but time and finances will have a say in that.

Jason

I had a look at this boat on sunday on behalf of Gold Nugget before he purchsed it. He ended up not buying it as explained in a previous post.

SOme of the things i notice for everybodies info.

THe boat certainly does not look like the condition of the pics.

The fibreglass sides and top will polish up well but will take an extreme amount of elbow grease.

The bottom of the Hull was flaking. It looked to me that it had been painted over the gel coat. This suggest to me some repair has been done on the bottom. There was damage evident on the bottom.

The transom seemed sound.It didnt sound hollow with a knock test. There were no cracks in the transom evident.

THe floor of the boat was soft in places. When i walked on it, it creaked and moved in places. It was very soft. I believe it may be rotton underneath. There is no real way of telling the extent of the damage until the floor is cut out.

The windscreen as advertised certainly needs replacing. THe old chrysler (Boat Anchor) is exactly that.

The trailer has missing mudguards.Flakey rust on the axle and springs. Main bearers on the trailer were sound.

Will need new tyres.

Will need a panel put over the dash where old guages are broken or have been removed.

The hand rail on the port side has broken through the fibre glass.

IT will certainly take someone with a lot of knowlegde and ability to get this boat seaworthy.

Richard.

sounds like a spare time project for a panel beater ,boat builder or some 1 with them skills and time and $.

i had a boat 15 foot runabout. sounds like the same condition ,but the transom was removed ready to replace.had no trailer or motor.the rest of the boat and floor was sound. i got given it for nothing.

work to do to it .transom rebuild ,required wood bolting up and then re glassing .rest of the boat a rub over .then paint in marine 2 pack ,cheaper then gel coat.the wood and paint quite dear $.after a few year of thinking about it .i end up taking it to the dump.

now i'm a pretty handy guy,but when i considered the time and $ put in .it was just not worth it.had a trailer i scored that needed a rebuild and motor i was just going to buy 1.

the $ factor i could go out and buy a old second hand 14 foot tinny for less.

just my opinion on older second hand fix em up glass boats.

Archived