Need some help

TomSawyer

Hi :)

I am tom, just arrived in Brisbane from france. I am based in Cleveland.

I fish since ever, and I brought a small rod and several lures in my laguage, 'cause i cant imagine travel without.

so, it would be great, if any of you are keen to share sometime to fish with me, show me the way to do and to share some good time,

also I can learn you the french fishing technic,

It could be an interesting exchange, dont you think so,

if you hear my words,

talk to you soon,

see ya, [img size=604]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/2-c75f795b7261541e07a9c42ab70e481f.jpg

post-5841-144598492103_thumb.jpg

yes it is a european perch (perca fluviatilis) my biggest one (43.5cm)

anyother answer concerning my previous post?

I need some advices, like what are the spot i can fish around brisbane, like fishing with lures in freshwater or estuarine water

or what techniques are the most efficient?

thanks

welcome to the site tom, the best way to find your answers would be to flick through the fresh water section as there are alot of answered questions there and also check reports from the lakes and that will give a few locations to try as well if fresh water fishing is what you want. other wise just let the forum search engine do the work for you and it will bring up anything relevant.

goodluck

What you really need to do is to see whether you can do a trip up to either Monduran or Awoonga, which are freshwater lakes about five to six hours north of Brisbane. You should try to latch on to a barramundi from one of these lakes while you are here in australia. You will never look at fishing the same way again if you manage to hook on to a big one of these. [img size=640]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/awoonga_05_043.jpg

It's an unbelieveable feeling hey Pauly? ANd you know, the ones that have made teh biggest impression on me are the horses that I've missed whether through lures being broken or line smashed. So Tom, see if you can get up to those dams. If I'm gong up soon I'll let you know via a post on this website. In the meantime, the BRisbane River is a great place to fish, with or without a boat. Also try some of the areas around Redcliffe, Woody POint, and down on the GOld Coast around bridges etc. If you keep watching this website, you will get the chance to go out on boats with people who are looking for helpers on their boats, so that's a good idea too.

regards jim

g'day mate.

lucky for you, Cleveland is right on the water so nothing better than just going to the water and trying close to where you live :) I've personally never fished around Cleveland, but I'm sure you can catch some decent fish there.

Bonjour,

Welcome to the site mate!

Mate the Raby Canal system at Cleveland can be ok for fishing. Fish I have seen on this site caught from there include: Bream, Flathead, Cod, Squire and Trevs. THis would be well worth a look for a start. As Do$tylz said it would be awesome to suss out whats right on your door step!

You also have Tingalpa Creek quite close by. This has both fresh and salt water options.

Both the above places can be fished with lures or bait.

Aside from that mate Id havea good read through the forum reports and posts. There is a wealth of info there to be had.

Also keep your eye on the going fishing section of the forum. There are often informal and formal meets. These are a great thing to get along to in order to break the ice and get really involved with the AFO community.

Welcome again mate.

Angus

Thanks guys for all these answer,

I will have to go through the website and look after all these informations, also I will have a first look around cleveland, why not tingalpa creek, it seems not far.

But your stories about barramundi just make me impatient to catch one, I will certainly try to go over these huge lakes north brisbane, for sure! and if anyone is going on a week end sometime I would be very keen to join you,

and concerning my display pictures, yes it is my biggest caught a big european catfish, the same crazy day I caught 5 big european cat fish and three of them were surpassing 1m, including this one (I will post some other pics from france, sure some will apreciate ;)

see ya

tom

Archived