1st Week NPD

Dinodadog

Been a good 1st week out at the dam with most styles and types of fishing working. While the fish have not got lure shy yet its a good time to hit the edges early in thr am with surface lures or the trusty old s/baits, the latter of which should work ok all day. As the day moves on and the sun gets a little higher in the sky some of the bass move to deeper water where you can target them with trolled lures or drop blades and jackals down amongst them. I must admit I have been a little lazy and have been mostly trolling mainly getting used to the new depths. I have found some very large shrubs while trolling 20ft lures in up to 35ft of water. The vegetation has had 4 to 6 years to grow in some places, its hard to think that for 2k downstream of the boat ramp it was high and dry except for a puddle here and there. I have got good results on my 3 outings so far and was lucky enough to find a small school on wed and a bigger school on fri. I had to leave them biting yesterday as I was stuffed and my belly was crying out for food.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

nice dark s/bait caught yella [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/8th_may_001.JPG

post-1453-144598492309_thumb.jpg

npd sounds like the place to be.

never fish it.

u guys that have bank and boat fished it must be having a ball ,now that boat access is back after 5 years.

it would be interesting to see pictures of it dry and now wet.before and after sort of thing.

maybe in a bit when the rush settles down.hopefully there a few deckie spots about.

well done dino i recon they are already starting to slow off the edge i only got one on spinnerbaits off the edge today then had to go get them off schools

i also have been there three times in the first week dam crazy my boat has boated 59 bass and two yellas all on lures 4 bass going over 50cm fl two of them over 2.5kgs

Yes mate its been dynamite my boat has boated 102 bass with 3 over 50cm and 2 yellas. I have got 87 bass and 1yella myself. 69 bass and 1 yella on lures mostly s/baits and trolled lures, I had a few shrimp on wed when I took the neighbour fo a fish.

Yes mate its been dynamite my boat has boated 102 bass with 3 over 50cm and 2 yellas
i also have been there three times in the first week dam crazy my boat has boated 59 bass and two yellas all on lures 4 bass going over 50cm fl two of them over 2.5kgs

It hurts enough without you guys rubbing it in ;)

Just keep your fingers crossed they are still attacking all sorts of lures for awhile yet. One bonus this time around they are OK on the surface, it was near impossible to get one on surface or fly last time we were on the water. Hope it lasts.

Archived