Some nice New Zealand Rainbow Trout & Snapper

DanTheMan

dhess - I think the majority of the trout were caught on Tassie Devils, Dad caught that one in the 2nd pic on a fly called a Silver Dorathy. Im not sure if its the same here in Aus but we were trolling using led line to get those flys down. Im actually unsure of the NZ record rainbow, doing a quick google search looks like they can get up to 16kg's.

And they're absolutley beautiful eating!

well done!! The fishing there is amazing isnt it!! Havent been back in a while so long time due i think. Where were the snaps caught? I always head out from Coromandel Peninsula when im there as the uncle lives near by and the snapper and Kingies are in plague proportions :woohoo:

Yea I sure miss the place, been here for about 16 months, long over due for a hunting and fishing trip there!

The bigger snapper was caught at Whangaruru (spelling?) and the smaller one just out from Tiritiri Matangi Island off the North Shore (Auckland).

Have plenty of good fishing memories from the Coromandel though! We used to go stay at Stony Bay for xmas and just fish every day (even xmas day), a good fish over here is what we would use for live bait to catch the kingies, and you could do it off the rocks! :laugh: it's a beautiful spot

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/2085751711a6530293770l.jpg

post-5772-144598495481_thumb.jpg

Archived