suggestions for attractant?

apoklyps60

Mate to be honest I have tried one and wonr really bother again.

I think the fish are on the bite or not. I could be wrong, but im willing to take the chance and avoid having another potentially useless novelty in a tackle bag novelty prone :P

Angus

I like to use a product called stimulate from any bcf outlet, its red and smells bad. You only use a little bit on the bait if using the same bait for a few casts - too much can make the fish go haywire and it can have the same effect as too much red cordial.

thank you for all the responses. and angus, i have found that the attractants do work to a certain degree. it wont be super. but i found that when there arent any nibbles and i do add the attractant i do get quite a few more bites. but i almost strictly u calico coktail or the smelly jelly anchovie flavor and herring(gel) also i use an ink cartridge refill syringe. i stuff it with the smelly jelly and in soft plastics i inject it into the underbelly. so when the fish does bite down it gets a squirt of yummy stuff. also it tends to leak out slowly instead of flying off on one cast. just my experience

I use attractants, but I don't use them to attract fish. I use them more to make fish hold lures longer which helps to strike.

I've only used them for bass, I started off with garlic and aniseed, then went onto S Factor.

The garlic and aniseed was used mainly on soft plastics and I do believe it helped.

When a bass sucks in a plastic it quite often gets a taste and spits it out just as quick. If it tastes slightly better the lure will stay put longer giving you precious moments to set the hook.

S Factor was made by a very smart bloke to help sick fish in a laboratory environment actually take their medicine.

It's not just a mix of fishy flavoured things but a cocktail of different amino acids which seems to flick a switch in the fishes brain.

A good mate of mine had a metre barra in a tank and he usd this fish to test different lure prototypes, to guage interest ( hookless of course )...this fish learned what a slick rig was and wouldn't touch them. When the Sfactor was wiped on a slickrig he lowered it down to the barras nose. The fish slammed the lure and passed it two days later.

In reality it probably only gives a slight edge but I'll happily take any help I can get.

i go to super cheap and get a product called fish oil,$2.00 brown spray can! spray lures b4 i go and it sort of dries on there to a degree, leaves a nice slick too for ages. use it on everything most times, bait, lure, plastic's. you name it.

rob

m8 i have tried most of the scents on the market and found that they all work to a certain degree,personally i use dizzy scent because it stays an a hardbody the best

as for mixing scents i mix a little chicken fat with some of my scents and that seem s to add to its effectiveness on bream,a m8 that does well in comps mixes xfactor and dizzy's scents together and gets very good results.

if your fishing with bait the WA pilchard has all the oil youll need in it and would be by far the best oily bait especially in the pilchard family . the indonisian and american pilchard look good but don't have the same oily smells as the western australian pilchard

Archived