Meet and Greet Day

kezza99

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys.

Thank you kezza!

Cliffy + Sam + Tim's report.

I arrived at 7:30 expecting Cliffy to arrive at around 8:15. I was trying my hardest to catch enough livies for the day with a brand new net. It's a 10 foot net and my old one was 8 foot. Luckily I got it to spread every now and then and got enough livies for an hour at least. Consisted of, 3 herring, 4 mullet and a bony.

Cliffy arrived with the newly fixed boat and he looked very happy that he was finally taking it out on the water. The weather was great.

We set off at 8:45 and went straight under the gateway where we found a nice looking patch of water under the sounder. Got a few bites but no fish so we pulled anchor and went closer to the mouth. Weather was still fine. We anchored over this nice big hole we found on the way to the mouth. I was using my new set up(anaconda special) of shakespear overhead with a 7 foot matching rod. This was spooled with 35lb fireline. I had a two hook rig with a herring on the top and a mullet on the bottom. Neither got touched for about twenty minutes until sam's rod went off. After a very short tussle in came a little shovel nose. aka shovely dovely to sam and cliffy. 10 minutes later Sam was on again with the same thing as last time. My rod goes of with no hook up, Cliffy gets nothing. about 20 minutes later Sam's little rod went of in a big way, and after a few good runs in came a nice ray with a about a 50cm diameter. Then I caught 4 catties in quick succession.

Got sick of these bastards so we left to go towards Bretts as there have been reports of big holes just out from it and also so I could net some more bait. Casted for 10 minutes for 1 herring and was contimplating giving up when logic hit me. Wouldn't all the bait fish be forced in the back eddy of the pontoon? well derr. Next cast 4 herring. We were running out of time so we gunned it to the nearest hole and found a really deep patch near the middle of the river. Dropped the anchor and our lines but the current was too strong. Just as we started packing up to head back to the ramp my rod goes off, I was excited as it had a lot of headshakes and felt pretty heavy. C'mon little salmon!! no just a medium sized catties going against the current.

We headed home and got he boat out and Cliffy drained his boat expecting not a lot of water to come out. Unfourtuantly there was a lot of water there so we came to the conclusion that there is still a leak somewhere :(:(

Thanks to Cliffy for taking me out and to kezza for organising.

CLiffy in action! [img size=455]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_0082.jpg

post-96-144598410541_thumb.jpg

Great reports and pictures all, I almost feel as though I was there! Looking forward to meeting some of you at the Winter Camp, Hinze Dam in June, I can't wait.

Keep up the reports so I can fish vicariously :)

I will try to attach a photo of where I wet a line this weekend...picturesque but apparently fishless.

Fingers crossed...just a bit technologically challenged:blush: See ya

Rocket

[img size=314]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/fishing_018a.jpg

post-953-144598401395_thumb.jpg

Oztrav wrote:

there wasnt that much it was a chunk of toe next to my nail still abit grosse

lol

Took the top off a toe on the Awoonga trip last year - slipped on the ramp, japanese safety boots did no good, pulled the bung between the toes, middle toe into hole in ramp, top 5mm stayed behind!.

Toe grew back alright, but nail bed is a lot lower on the toe now! Did not even hurt! Made Ferg a bit white for a while though!

I hope I dont have to cut a lure out in front of him, I could be own my own!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/04/05 23:06

Archived