Beacons with Ray and Chilly

Brian D

Hi

The conditions look great for a bay trip on Sunday morning so Ray and I will be leaving Fishos boat ramp about dawn or then abouts. Proberly have a go at the pipeline than out to the 4 beacons and over to mud and back again. (in no particular order).

Any AFO guys want to join in make a day of it? We'll be baiting, spining, dropping sp's & bibless cranks at every hole and anything that moves or looks fishie. We may even pop into boggy for a bit.

the missus and i are looking to put in at fishos on sunday morning as well... not too sure how the conditions are or even sure if the boat will make it that far to the beacons 4.2m runabout with a 40HP donk? if it's glassy then sure... we've been to peel island in some slight chop and it handled pretty well.

Eug wrote:

the missus and i are looking to put in at fishos on sunday morning as well... not too sure how the conditions are or even sure if the boat will make it that far to the beacons 4.2m runabout with a 40HP donk? if it's glassy then sure... we've been to peel island in some slight chop and it handled pretty well.

Eug the conditions will be perfect, 0-4 knots prediction atm. Just the right sort of waether for tom and henry to paddle to mud and back. :laugh:

i reckon on a nice day u.would get out to the beacons .

just head home before it winds up in the arvo .

bay seams to get blowy and choppy in the arvo a fair bit form my experiences .

i have seen it get nasty coming home from peel,and even near coochie.freak storms etc.

but on a nie day we used to go over to peel in a 10 foot tinny .

took me a second read to figure out what N A F T stood for. What time were you guys out? We launched around 0730 from fisherman's island and from there right to the mouth was covered in thick fog! Sounds like you had some nice weather out there, we were struggling to pull in fish also, tried the pipe line for not very much and boggy creek paid off with one keeper flatty.

Fog was very thick at Redland Bay at 4.30 when we left and cleared up as soon as we got inland. lainched at whyte island ramp and clear out to end of shipping beacons. Fog came in just after 7. We tried most of the beacons on the way in for zilch then trolled around Boggy for the same. Went right up to the pipe after the footbridge. Think we may have seen Davodinkum launching in a small tinney around midday.

Cheers

Ray

nearly forgot. We were sitting next to last green and were just contemplating whether we should tie up to it as we couldnt get the boat to sit in correct position when young bird in rubber ducky came along side and said owitsgoing mates.

Thought our luck had changed :blush: and realised it was friendly water police checking us out.

Must have thought we were too old :blush: as they moved off after telling us only fish being caught were winter whiting.

At least relieved the boredom of catching nothing. May have been a bit different if we had tied off to the green.

Cheers

Ray

Archived