Two boats broken into; gear stolen 08/09/09 {HOT}

adamfitz

Two boats were broken into near Colmslie on 08/09/09. Stolen items include:

[ul]JNC GPS plotter and fish finder (grey with grey cover plate fully housed model)

[ul]Fishing tackle and knives[/ul]

[ul]Assortment of rods, lures... :angry:[/ul]

[ul]and beer... :ohmy: [/ul][/ul]

If anyone hears of someone fencing off some gear, pls PM me and I will report to the Police.

Am going down to check out the damage now and will post an inventory of anything else that may 'turn up' somewhere.

If you can help me catch the thieving little pricks I would appreciate it!

Adam

Both boats are on trailers, parked inside the locked hockey club carpark at Colmslie (200m from the ramp). We've been storing ours there for a year with no problems but it was only a matter of time until some d.weed jumped the fence.

GPS was built in or would not have been left on the boat. Time to find a new spot to store her (8m plus trailer)... once theve hit it once, they'll be back. Rivergate marina is great, if you dont mind paying $7500pa... :ohmy:

Time to find these little maggots throw them in the river and put your foot on there heads little fu###rs.Aman works hard for good thing in life and the scum of the earth steal all his fishing gear and what's worst his bloody beer. Again little fu###rs.

This happened to mate of mine last year on the way back from monduran when he through a axal on the trailer so it was stored in a so called safe place in a car yard in gympie and when they went back to fix it all the was gone tent's,rod's,reels,gps unit,chairs and all guy in car yard said it wasn't his problem but it was an racq site not good and uninshored.

Hope you find all your gear soon and do you have id numbers for that,that

was stolen

Cheers dassa

Mate, that is shabby as! :angry: Over the past few months there has been a bit of crime at the Colmslie boatramp. Several weeks ago, a fella had his tender stolen while he was out doing the groceries one evening. Another fella has had his tinnie flogged, and gear goes missing all the time. They need to put in CCTV all through that area, as it is a public place, but is pretty dark and isolated of an evening. I have already put a work order in to fix the lights with council, I may ammend it to request CCTV as well, as it is a potential safety hazard down there for the above reasons. This would also deter potential bastard criminals......as would a AFO posse! ;)

Hope the gear turns up, and the buggers are caught.

Cheers,

Ryan

there is always some scumbag low life prick who decides he needs your gear more than you.. hope you find the turds and beat them black and blue. my old man used to be a crabbing pro in the bay and people would knock his pots and crabs off under the cover of darkness. he soon fixed that though. on the rope of the pots he would put 20 hooks spaced apart embedded in the rope and he soon caught his thieves.

Thanks for the comments guys.

First I will add that our Southwind Offshore 770 is a hybrid centre console, so all of the gear was locked up and secure down below. The boat was behind locked gates and the tow ball was locked (but our hyd jack was moved so they thought about taking the lot...). The boat was ransacked, broke off latches and got down below to hit the electrics.

Gear taken includes (in no particular order):

JRC 500F colour GPS/finder/plotter (snipped off like an electrician would)

transducer (they knew what they were doing)

6' Shimano T-Curve x2

6'6" Shimano Rod

Simano Stradic 8000FI (ouch)

Daiwa Rod/Reel combos x4

Red two part rod & reel

Black 2 part rod & reel

Green 2 part rod & reel

Adults PFDs x 6 (left two... is their boat licenced to carry only six?)

Minors PFDs x 1 (left the brand new second one... obviously only have one kid)

Battery Jump Start (red) with torch

Casting Net

Retrieving Net (large green)

Head lamps, Flares, V-Sheet (they'll be safe on their little shitter now)

Eperb (ouch)

Muffler ears... (why? $8) :huh:

Musto Spray Jacket ($280 worth of ouch) :ohmy:

C-Map charts and SD card

Porta Potty Chemicals (left me the plastic... obviously already have one ($13 saved))

2 volt battery charger.

Tackle... dont get me started... farkin ouch!@!!

30+ lures, dozeb bags of gulps (told you not to get me started...)

anyway.

Fishing knives, cutters, plyers, socket set, assort tools

Two complete large tackle boxes, plastics

and more...

The little pricks damaged:

Latches and locks

riding lights

battery hatch broken

Plotter removed

transducer gone and cable stuffed

The Haines Hunter next to mine was done over also, they only took one rod, but decided to drop a dump in his porta potty... why?

These guys are fishermen and own a boat. You can't resell $1000 worth of plastics or lures or porta potty chemicals. They were stocking up for the summer months. Dont expect to get any of this stuff back, but if you see some cheap ass d.weeds throwing shimano t-curves around in the river pls take down their rego and PM me. The morningside police have the details (4 hours of my life I wont get back)... The boat is now under CCTV behind razor wire.

Cops and marina tell me that a Mustang was stolen from Murrarie last week, they caught the guy driving a commodore with its ass touching the ground after crossing the gateway bridge. Y'all get a tow ball lock now.

Anyway... BCF and Anaconda are gonna love me over the next couple of months. I know own one rod and one pot total, 30 years since I had no gear. (i'm only 35yr old)

Keep Fishing!

Fitzy B)

0413 515 383

Fully insured with Club Marine, even sent them a scanned google map of where she was stored when we took out the cover. However... not sure of the coverage on incidentals (tackle and rods), called them this afternoon and was asked to call back tomorrow when their claims dept was open. Hence the visit to morningside police dept to get it down on record. Appartently the police are visiting tomorrow to take photographs of the damage (which will cost a little bit to fix; but as we all know its the compilation of fortnightly purchases that cost the most to replace). Thanks for letting me vent.

Good luck to you all in the 2009 flattie social! Pete and I wont be there unfortunately as we have things on that cant be shaken, should be great! Yet to catch a flattie this year. Fitzy

fitzy that just plain sucks mate. i have a TLD20 and a live fibre 10-15kg rod i would like to give to you mate to help you start out again.. what do you say guys, who can help a fisherman out? Even if its just a few unused lures etc. fitzy just PM me and i will organise a way of getting this rod to you.

jigman72 wrote:

fitzy that just plain sucks mate. i have a TLD20 and a live fibre 10-15kg rod i would like to give to you mate to help you start out again.. what do you say guys, who can help a fisherman out? Even if its just a few unused lures etc. fitzy just PM me and i will organise a way of getting this rod to you.

Mate that's a bloody nice gesture.

Fitz I don't have any tackle that'd be worth giving to you (or I could bare to part with). But I'm mot than happy to lend a fist or 2 if you find the little f***ers. Or if you just need a hand with something..

hope u catch those $hit heads bro. these type of people are the worst kind of lowlifes and should be dealt with accordingly. maybe we should go back to lopping off hands when caught stealing. teach em a permanent lesson. putting them in "time out" doesnt seem to work. my friends shop got broken into and every highend avet, shimano, daiwa, pro gear, and accurate reels. thats all they took. left all the rods and terminal tackle. he lost over 50k in just reels. lucky for him insurance saved his store. as i said i hope u find those lil thievin bastards. good luck bro.

Thanks for the comments gents and ladies.

ClubMarine seem to be coming to the party, so hopefully we will be back in business by the end of the month. Jigman72 - thanks for the very generous offer mate, but there is a reason we pay insurances companies and with the profits they make... well, lets just say I will enjoy the shopping experience when rebuilding my kit. Thanks again.

Anyone see some prick other than us pricks wearing a black musto carribean spray jacket on the water (probably next winter) - ask them where they 'bought' it. We still have two the same, so if its us dont ram our boat. Rebound 1 Southwind 770 offshore.

Good luck this weekend with the Flattie Social.

Fitzy

Archived