Colmslie Tuesday Night.

MoparKevUk

Having worked me socks off lately and no fishing time a' happening (except a quick lure sesh down Manly and Wynnum where all I caught was a T-shirt.....) I'm gonna do Colmslie Tuesday night with some big baits. Brisbane Bar high tide 6.52pm, so a run out tide for me! (How does one calculate the high at Colmslie from the Brisbane Bar time??) Report to follow! B)

Aarrgh! I can't decide, Bulimba or Colmslie? They are only about 5 minutes away from each other. I reckon all this week will be good times around there as the run-out tide is co-inciding with the sun going down. I have found this time (and also around dawn) to be the best times to fish down there at those spots. Livies shouldn't be a problem at either spot, although Bulimba always seems to have a big supply in the one spot you can throw a cast-net (At the end of the boat-ramp).

Good luck with where every you choose Kev and Blairy, maybe I will see you down there!

Cheers,

Ryan.

after looking at that link it says Newfarm is high at 7:30pm on Tuesday and colsmie would be similar, so you could still get an outgoing tide, trouble is it takes half an hour to turn, so it would be running out well by 8:30 at colsmie.

Would still be good to start fishing an hour before high, especially at night, I have caught good cod lately on the high tide around that stretch.

Also the cast net pickings would be good at that time.

cheers

Archived