North Pine?

Cliffy

Anyone been to North Pine lately? I know that the \"legal\" areas you can fish there are limited to Bullocky & Forgans in daylight hours, was thinking of flicking a lure over there this weekend and wondered if I could get a fishing report on any recent activity. Cheers:)

Here is an interesting link on stocking rates I found when a mate was stocking his dam. It suggests for Bass and Yellas 250 fish per hectare of water surface area.

Might not specifically answer your question Angus, but probably a fair guide.

/>http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/40663/Primefact-89---Fish-in-farm-dams.pdf

Feral wrote:

North Pine has Aerators in it, so theoretically the dam could go below the magic 5 to 6% level which seems to cause fish death due to oxygen loss. Particularly as we are coming into the cooler months.

aerators? like fish tank aerators but bigger? thats weird!

Tim a wrote:

Feral wrote:
North Pine has Aerators in it, so theoretically the dam could go below the magic 5 to 6% level which seems to cause fish death due to oxygen loss. Particularly as we are coming into the cooler months.

i think what feral means is weed that aerates the dam?

dom... wrote:

Tim a wrote:
Feral wrote:

i think what feral means is weed that aerates the dam?

I saw on discovery the other day they had a big grid type thing on the bottom. They pumped oxygen into the water. I can't remember where or why as it was 2:30 a.m.

Thats exactly what they have. Giant Aerators - They put it into some dams to improve the quality of the water for drinking. They are known as \" destratifying units \" and mix the dam water tp to bottom. Callide Dam has them as well, and are supposed to be good spots for Barra when they are on.

Here is a link to an article on a NSW dam that has a water mixer (rather than an aerator) that does a similar job. Look down the page a bit there is a description and photo's of the installation.

http://www.tweed.nsw.gov.au/Education/w_1_clarrie.htm

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/03/09 23:06

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/03/09 23:08

Archived