Gary Howard Custom

Went to tackle warehouse today and spent the last of my tax return on a Gary Howard custom 1-3 kg, fuji guides and all the goods.

I have to admit my other rod is a Gloomis(PR842-s2 GL3) and is a strange beast and quite a heavy rod in the medium range, To heavy for light softbaits.

So I like to opt for lighter tackle at times and the GH was my choice, just felt lighter and nicer than the Dropshot that was also a good rod.

I have 3 good rods and that it.

Anyone used one or familiar with Gary Howard's work?

cheers

I have about 10-15 Gary Howard rods here, mostly sabres. Can't fault any of them. Also have a mate who has about 20-25 GH rods and gives them a workout more regularly then I do and they are still flawless.

Good choice. If I had the money I would have a few more of his rods in my collection.

yeah I use Gary Howard rods. I have 30 kg custom trolling rods and couple of 24kg G force rods that weigh under 200 grams each a and come with armour for eyelets they are such a tough rod. what gets me is how the tiniest of nibles can be felt through such a heavily rated rod blank and jees the rods load up nicely and can realy put some hurt on a fish,the only thing I wish they had were longer fore grips above the reel.ther not exactly a budget style of rod but there a mad rod to use I now prefer GH more than the wilson live fibres.

Yeah they are not cheap, about $50.00 more than a Berkely dropshot of the same class.

Actually I have not tried it out yet but I think I will take it surface fishing for Bass this weekend.

I am pretty happy with it though, I held a dropshot in one hand and the GH in the other and the GH just felt so much lighter and better balanced, it looks the good too checkered fibre heritage green.

cheers

Archived