are you prepared article on safety

kriso

Hey guys,

chucked together a quick article on safety thats currently on the homepage or you can find it in the tacklebox section of the site in the helpful articles section. i have written it due to the amount of new boaties and fisho's hitting the water as well as the silly season coming on as well. i have started this thread so once you have had a read of it if you choose thier maybe a helpful idea you have to add on the topic. this doesnt apply just for boats, land based fishos can come across injured people or be injured them selves just as easily. so have a read and then throw some ideas up if you have any

cheers

Kriso :)

yeah being a member of a coast guard is definately something worth considering for those who spend all there time in the bay and beyond. correct me if im wrong but some insurance companies will give you cheaper insurance if your a member of a coast gaurd as well

Hook removal is typical is a simple concept that anyone sohuld know.

Generally the best idea is to push the treble/hook all the way back out, so it the hook goes in and all the way out (so you're properly hooked) that way you can cut the hook below the barb and pull out the two sections.

I still remember the time Angus hooked himself with a jackall.. He's there trying to rip it back out the way it came, commenting on how muhc it was hurting..

"Mate you're doing it wrong!" haha

I think Feral is right but. Crack a tinny and laugh is a great method for us that weren't getting hooked :D

Archived