Stanage bay/thirsty sound gps marks?

rumrunner

hi everyone

as moast of you know im heading to Stanage bay for my annual fishing trip next weekend the 2nd of jan,

we had pretty good luck there last yr in the three days we were there and worked out a few ok spots to try this trip,

im going for 8 days this time so it would be good if we had a few more spots to try this yr that we new produced good fish!

so my question is does anyone know of or have any gps marks of the thirsty sound/stanage bay area?

or has anyone fished there before and had luck around some of the islands near by ?

or has anyone fished the canals there?

any info would be greatly apprishiated!

cheers Ian

troll spinners for wolf herring as soon as you leave the ramp and rig them for spaniards as soon as you get them

for reefies head for the percy islands and fish the eddys and backwaters between them,if the weather and tides allow

if not head north from the ramp up the sound and find drop offs,eddys and undercut banks to target for jacks threadies and barra

Any of the headlands fish fairly well, depending on the size of boat ya taking maybe the "Marbles or the Percys". If the tides are ok, go straight across from the ramp towards the homestead on the Island, stay about 50 mts out and sound out the big Jew hole. Cant miss it, if the jew are there so will all the boats. drops from about 3mts - 30+ mts straight down.

On a side note ring the "Plumtree store" at stanage bay and get a road report, been alot of rain from Rocky all the way up to Shoalwater bay and beyond, falls of 35ml & up ;)

Not a good road in the wet :angry::angry:

now thats what i was hoping to here!

thanks loz and jeff good info there guys!

that was pretty much my plan give or take a bit! except the jew hole i havnt hered of this yet? but i will def have a good sound out for it!

my other plan was to troll 30ft deep divers and slugs strait from the ramp then round the headland for a bit then over to Marble island then on to hexham island where we will stop for some bottom bashing

do you guys know where to get livies there? i was going to try the creek just down from the ramp and also the flats over near the rock bar?

cheers Ian.

Archived