Redcliff/Pine river

Ash

Was supposed to go with the boys to Noosa today, but had an offer from the father inlaw Randal, who could quite possibly be one of the best SP fishers around, to head out with him in his boat to the reefs just off Redcliffe for early morning squire, then to hit the North Pine after for what ever was hot.

Got up to Banyo about 5:15am just as the boat was and rods were being set up for the 10min trip to the ramp just up from the mouth of N/Pine.

It was one of the most beautiful mornings I,ve witnessed in a long time.The water looked like a massive mirror laid flat it was so smooth, and with the sun peeping over Stradie and turning the Island purple, just the view was worth getting up for.

Now enough of that. We hit a couple of \"site X's\" that the father inlaw adv is a great squire location for Sp's. He stated that the spot is usually a 50/50 chance spot, and as we all know when it comes to fishing, those odds are pretty good. Unforetunetly the wind picked up as we found the first site x. A smal number of squire could be seen in the lowrance, but would not be enticed by our lures, no matter how well placed. Unforetunetly we came on the wrong 50 part.

We then headed to the bridge spanding the mouth of the Pine and threw around some lures between the pillons with nothing more then a couple of week attempts to grab them.

Went further in to some spots that up to a week ago were having anglers smoked by Jacks. Once again though we didnt score.

The father inlaw was the first to pull in something. he'd swap the Sp for a hardbody \"old faithful\". A cast into the snags brought out a est cod of about 15 tp 20 cm.

I finaly got hit using my Sp around some sunken logs and the damn thing took me straight under the snag and i couldnt bring it in. YThinking i'd lost it and was snagged we glided in thanks the the electric and as was tryinh to get sp back realised the catch was still there. Pulled it out to find a 25 to 30cm est cod.

We hit closer to mouth on the way back for flatties but had no luck there either.

All in all it was a beautiful day, even without the fish and reminded me of how beautiful and easily accessed some of the areas around us are.

Post edited by: Ash, at: 2006/07/02 21:10

hey Brian, it is 14ft polycraft. Full boat length custom casting platforms. 50hp 4 stroke honda. And i think the electric was 50Lb but dont remember brand name. Easily the the best Sp boat ive been on.

yeh im keen for the awoonga trip...

good day ash, i am going to post a report on the days fishing at noosa... we had a great day aswell

good job on ur first estuary cod... i got a cod at noosa around 12cms :P on sps... though it wasnt an esturay... your father in law should come with all of us one day... or betta still he can take us ;)

troy

Archived