Singapore Pay Pond - Lets hear it for the aussies!

happywally

hey guys...

ive been back in Singapore for my summer hols...

rounded up my missus, my best mate, and his missus, and we set off for a small fishing trip...

we went to a commercial pay pond (yeah its sad i know but well its singapore...) to get our regular kick of fishing...

i was on a personal mission to find out of Austrailian designed and made Soft Plastics were effective overseas... and i wanted the girls to have some relaxed bonding time, hopefully putting them onto fishes as well...

my mate and i started off with Squidgies... and i set up 2 float rigs with live prawns for the girls... halfway through my mate and i switched to live prawns as well when we got tired of casting...

here are the results!

Catch 1: Barramundi

img5740f.jpgimg5741i.jpgimg5742.jpg

MISSION SUCCESS!

As you can see... this little guy was caught on a Squidgy Fish in Killer Tomato... on a australian market Shimano Sahara 702 Graphite Spin rod paired to a Shimano Sahara 3000 reel and spooled with 8lb Powerpro braid...

Catch 2 & 3: Barramundi

img5744x.jpgimg5746n.jpg

As requested by some members... here is my lovely missus (sorry guys no bikini this time... :laugh: ) with her 2 catches of the day... both on live prawns...

Catch 4 & 5: Mangrove Jack

img5749u.jpgimg5751h.jpg

My mate (username: enzo, and who studies in tassie) and his missus each up a Jack each... both on live prawns, and on a australian market Shimano Catana 662 Estuary Spin rod paired with a Shimano Catana 2500 reel spooled with australian market 10lb Fireline...

all in all a great day of relaxed fun and bonding... the girls had a good time and i achieved my goal...

5 fish & 4 happy people...

thanks for reading guys!

cheers

Wally

straddiebrad wrote:

well done mate do you get to take your catch,good to see you get into the fish,buy much fishing gear over there.brad

hey mate thanks!

yeah we get to take our catch home...

had 2 of the barra that night and they were pretty yummy!

cant wait to ge back to aussieland and hit up some Jacks in th river!

straddiebrad wrote:

well done mate do you get to take your catch,good to see you get into the fish,buy much fishing gear over there.brad

hey mate thanks!

yeah we get to take our catch home...

had 2 of the barra that night and they were pretty yummy!

cant wait to get back to aussieland and hit up some Jacks in th river!

free2rome2 wrote:

Hi-ya,

Happy new year!

Nice catches you got there...

Haven't been to Lakeside and didn't know that they allow plastics...

Always thought it was either live prawns, kembong meat etc...

how long is the session at $35 for...?

Cheers!

Jonathan

hey mate...

as mentioned in the post above... its $35 for 7 to 7 session... you can stay for the whole 12 hours or enter and leave anytime you like...

Archived