Carpbusters

Aaron H

I have also from someone else about carp busters going again. Don't know if it's true but I hope so - Yeap I'm in it. I'll give the number a call and see what happens.

Thanks Bud

Hey Arron have you been out there and done any fishing? I went looking but got lost and ended up at the race track.:pinch:

Went and did one of my exploring drives out there about twelve months ago didn't take a rod but there seemed to be plenty of slow moving pools out there and all the carp warning signs out there so if its on I'll get my worms and corn kernels and show u queenslanders how to catch vermin:P

Yes I have information, I contacted Roes, the Secretary for Carpbusters and yes they do still exist. However they are no longer running the Easter Comp. The well resited reason of insurance premiums being the killer of the event was only part of the story, in fact it is suggested that they could have overcome this problem if it was the only point of consideration, it had more to do with lack of official support from Local, State and Federal levels.

Carpbusters, instead of folding have conversely changed focus to a restocking, breeding and tagging activity with the support of the DPI. Apparently they have had significant success with Mary River Cod and have tagged many in recent times. Quote “there are far more then science can prove, we know they are there because we have seen them†,Unquote.

Interestingly, I was told that the event is still there to be picked up by another like minded sporting body or group that feel like organising themselves.

Anyone interested

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/03/31 10:58

How does saturday the 5th of may sound. I think this is also the labour day long weekend. I also have no idea where to go but don't mind if we end up at the race course either. Let me know if this date suits everyone.

Hey guys my computer is down and am at a friends using his to catch up on everything from over easter. I am still in for the carp day. Will talk more when I get my computer back. Thanks for all the responses. Should be a good day.:) :) :)

Does anybody know where we can go to catch these peskycarp. I found out there is a spot in toowoomba but no one can give me exact details. If anyone knows or knows how I can find out let me know and I will do the chasing.

EVERYONE HERE SEEMS TO LOVE THEIR CARP, BUT YOU ALL SOUND LIKE YOU ARE DRIVING TOO FAR.

TRY FISHING AT TYGUM LAGOON AT WATERFORD, I DONT FISH FOR THEM BUT OFTEN WANDER DOWN TO FEED THE DUCKS AND HAVE SEEN THEM PULL CARP OUT WELL OVER 2FT LONG, PRETTY BIG FISH CONSIDERING THE SIZE OF THE LAGOON, IT IS BEHIND THE WATERFORD SHOPS ON TYGUM RD, NEAR THE INTERSECTION OF LOGANLEA RD AND BEENEIGH RD

Chippee4132 you are a dead set good egg. I will try out the spot. Maybe we have just found the spot for our day of catching carp, drinking beers and chucking a steak on the barbie...wicked, will go and give it a go and see what happens. Thanks again mate.

Well youve got plenty to spare. But hey what sort of a mission are you on trying to get rid of your karma and besides I'll only give you bad karma if say....I turn up to this Tygum Lagoon and it's all dried up, or if it is a local gay hangout, or something like that. You are being far too helpful to be given bad karma.

WELL NOW THAT YOU SAY IT, I HAVE SEEN YOUR DAD THERE A COUPLE OF TIMES.

ONLY JOKING BUD, IT WOULD BE A GOOD SPOT, YOU COULD ALMOST FISH EVERY MEMBER IN THE AFO OFF THE BANK WHILE STILL BEING IN EYE CONTACT WITH EACH OTHER.

THERE IS A GOOD PLAYGROUND FOR THE KIDS, PLENTY OF PARKING (IN A PLACE THAT YOU CAN SEE YOUR CAR ALL DAY),

A COUPLE OF SHELTERS WITH BBQ'S AND SHOPS NEARBY (AND TWO PUBS) I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE CATCHING BIG CARP, EELS ,TURTLES AND SOMETHING THAT LOOKS LIKE A PERCH, I CAN REMEMBER THAM LETTING SOME FINGLINGS GO A COUPLE OF YEARS BACK

Well I have got the 5th of may booked in as a day the missus and myself will be hitting this little spot in hope of catching some carp and maybe some other bycatches. Anyone who wants to join in let me know or meet me there on the day.

Archived