two pb upgrades

Eug

decided to sleep in this morning instead of heading out, how'd you go rob?

i had bought c_para's scorpion just the other night and was keen to blood it. the plan was to bring home tea so i made my way over to boggy for the last of the run out to flick some h/bodies around, never really had much luck on them to be honest. pretty quiet afternoon with very little surface activity.

however in the last hour before packing it in i made a last attempt further upstream casting into the sunken logs and snags. managed to land a 600mm flatty (upgraded pb from 540mm) and a 450mm cod (up from 350mm) both caught on pink deep divers. the cod gave a bit of curry digging itself into the mud however nothing the rod/reel couldn't handle (it's mainly for threadies).

yet to land a 1m+ thready, haven't really put much time into chasing em. best was a 500+mm

need to find my phone cable for pics.

nice day on the water and not too windy. plenty of jewfish head/frames at the ramp as well.

Nice work on the upgrades Eug. Sadly I've never caught a 'decent' flathead but will endeavour to 'target' them more in the future now I have read more about them - as a kid I had no idea that they were a worthwhile target a low-tide.

You mentioned heaps of jewfish frames at the ramp - roughly how many are we talking and what sort of size. Aren't they a min of 75cm and a bag limit of 2? My dream is to catch a 15kg+ jewie in the surf.

kmcrosby78 wrote:

You mentioned heaps of jewfish frames at the ramp - roughly how many are we talking and what sort of size. Aren't they a min of 75cm and a bag limit of 2? My dream is to catch a 15kg+ jewie in the surf.

the black jewfish have a 75cm minimum on the east coast with a bag limit of two. however the frames were incomplete so sizing them would have been difficult

oi! it was an awsome day out there and had some fun too, ya shoulda been there, the frames would have been definately from undersized fish, seein a lot of it lately especially with the jewies, they claim to be protecting the breeders!!! thought thats wot they said about flathead too with the max size limits, but i dunno about that. think they are just tryin to make it hard to get a feed together for the adverage joe blow, while the pro's net the bloody lot, as it was their information stated that the size of the fish in and around the brisbane region has not changed in 25 years , so why then increase size limits? oh thats right, it's all political **** invented by those that have no bloody idea at a large cost to the tax payer. dumbasses

who ever said crime doesn't pay! of course it does you fools. LMAO. :woohoo:

bloody hell rob sounds like you got into em, spewing... i couldn't be arsed waking up early and getting rigged up.

tobie10, boggy is accessible via land however i've found the most productive way is to be trolling via boat. you could always try a 'mangrove bash' you'll be right in your element neck deep in mud :P

Archived