river fishing

macka

Hey mate and welcome to the site!

Your question is a broad one! I would suggest spending some time reading over recent (and not so recent) reports from the report section of the forum. These report sections offer an enourmous ammount of info on numerous river systems in SE QLD.

Good luck!

Angus

As I'm not a bayside local I'm not exactly sure on Pinkenbah's location.

One thing I do know is Mud Is. from the Brissy river. Once you exit the port of bris just veer slightly to the right, and in calm conditions you will be there in three blinks of a beacon. You will normally see a boatpark in a few spots as you get close.

It is no secret that on the western side just drop ya baits anywhere, basic rule is pick 2 cardinal markers and fish between them, there is a lot of ground out there so just sound around till ya find what you want, or simply nestle in amongst the other boats till you get to know the area a bit. 5-10 metres is all you fish for around mud. Been some good fish caught there the last 6 months since the blubber has berleyed things up a bit. Sharks are a bit active at the moment though, chomping off whatever ya catch. So if ya keen on them take some fecing wire for line, lol.

Good luck with it all. No doubt you will get some better advice from the other members, but every bit helps.

Cheers

hi macka,

welcome to the site mate. Hey if you are local around brisbane, head off to around Pinkenba boat ramp. from the ramp, its only a few minutes to the port of brisbane, pipeline and to the mouth of moreton bay.

if you fish around the pipelines, heaps of threadies, sharks, squire, and a few others. There are some spots which are upto 22metres deep.

here is a youtube clip of what potential pinkenba has -

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ1_7w1hMAg

This nice fish was caught only 100 metres away from the boat ramp.

Good luck. Let us know how you go on your first trip.

jumpin pin is where north stradbroke island and south stradbroke island split

there is a nasty costal bar and lots of islands

launch from jacobs well

there's one official camping spot with toilets and showers at "the bedrooms" costs$$$ and you need to book ahead

or you can pick your own spot on your island of choice depending on wind direction etc

and set up to suit your self

Archived