Summer classic with mates

flexo

With the boat packed the day before we set off to bribie in the wee hours of the morning. Arriving at the Ramp we quickly launched the boat and then set out to find the boys to register for the days fishing . After registring the big question where to fish??. With very little light the choice was made to fish the bridge untill first light. There was a lot of surface action when we first arrived kriso failed to hook up after several strikes on surface lures. Sun up andwe where gone off to find the lizzards we had been amongst the past trips to the passage. Our first stop was the most entertaining of the day, fishing a dropoff of 3m cliff and kriso found every snag available so many I had to check my supply of jigheads. In between the comments about my companions fishing ability I hooked into a nice flatty not a monster but a nice fish all the same . Out with the lie detector and it hit 45 cm aquick photo and back to fishing. The boys continued to loose gear for another hour so a new spot was required . With the tides being backwards for flatty fishing our hot spots were not firing . We persisted throwing plastics along the weed beds with mixed sucess cliff and kriso both cast within 50 cm of each other and cliff was on kriso could not win a trick. After a short fight another nice flatty 47 cm on the lie detector another photo and another chance at a prize . From then on in it all went down hill from there. Ther where some captures to keep us interested a small Jew cod Moses but no more bream or flattys. After a long day on the water we called it a day at 2 pm and of to see if our fish would do any good . Turns out cliffs fish took out first and mine third no bad for a day on the water fishing with mates. Now just have to teach kriso how to fish without loosing $100 worth of hard bodys and blades.

Yes it was a pretty good day even though the guy that schooled me on spinning spanners, schooled me on catching fish in the classic as well as for for cliffy well dayle and I both reckon it was just pure ass! lol ( sorry cliffy), had my lure smashed at so many times at the bridge but just couldnt convert to setting the hooks, then a solid hookup for all of 2 seconds latter in the day with a toothy critter that was hanging around some shallow weedbeds and then a angry frieght train who took drag while shaking his head violenty and then ping! the fish has a new damiki vault piece of jewlery to wear. i guess fishing 4lb main line and 6lb leader all the time isnt real good lol . Flexo's blue fin was a cracker to fish from and handled the change in weather awesome! as soon as i stock up on lures again i will be twisting his arm to head out again,

Heres a shot of the 1st and 3rd place fish. summer_classic_005_AFO.jpg

Archived