Dinghy Cowboys at West End

Mungrel Jack

Went for a fish last nite at West End near the milk factory with my mates. All was quiet and peaceful.. until some dam idiots on a small white boat / dinghy were yelling and screamin and singin like cowboys. They spotted us landfishin so they sped over and kept yelling out "catch anything?' and shining their extremely bright torch right at our faces. They came right up to where we were fishing (approx 10m away) and kickin splashes at us for about 5 mins.

As we squinted due to the bright lights we said only catfish.... they started laughing and said "skin them like the americans". and continued to be absolute idiots. Im sure they have had at least a carton before goin on the boat (appeared and sounded like intoxication).

They didnt care if they tangled their motors onto our lines! At this point, i really felt like knifing them! Sorry about me venting, and violence is not the answer but WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO COURTESY! Im a calm and peaceful person and so are my mates, but crap like this annoys me and im sure it would annoy anyone! No wonder there is growing violence in Brisbane. Absolute idiots provoking the peace.

Sorry guys, i wouldnt actually "knife"them... just my expression of anger... Anyway... after they left, it was nice and peaceful again... ended up losing a massive threadfin and lost a baby bull shark on Prawn! I was going to take it home but thought nah... let the baby go.. so i cut the line. sorry no pics.

bad luck mate its a bugger when it happens, love it when im fishing quietly and undisturbed in a spot all to my own when johnny random comes up voices turned to extreme clanking beer bottles all over the place having a jolly old loud time and shutting the fish down for half an hour (unless they stick around and the spots a write-off)

good fun :blink:

Scope wrote:

Take it you didn't get a rego cause of the lights, or it didn't have one. Sounds like you came across some real winners there.

nah we couldnt see... it was dark and with the 15 million candle light power light in our eyes, we felt a bit dazed. The motor sounded like a 70Hp or around there... it was loud like a bloody v8. The did donuts with the boat towards us, splashin water.

ellicat wrote:

Booty, What number should be called ?

Call 3364 6464 and ask for communications. Tell them who you are, where you are, what you can see, and what your concern is.

Alcohol on boats - Basic rule is someone who is licenced to drive the boat must be under 0.05 at all times unless the boat is on a trailer / secured in a pen, wharf or jetty where it does not break any time constraints / or anchored not using its own anchoring equipment, so essentially on a swing mooring.

Discretion does play a part here that if you are anchored up at the Pin for example, but you are ashore with keys in the tent you can get as full as a boot, but if you are anchored up an sleeping on the boat then you are 'right for it' according to the legislation.

ellicat wrote:

The water police may have been interested if there were any rostered on the water.

Excessive alcohol (& drugs) are not a good mix with water....Even landbased at NPD apparently.

Booty, What number should be called ?

Incorrect.

The water helps keep you hydrated so you dont have a big hang over the next day. ;):P

nadders wrote:

pretty sure i saw the same boat last night, jumping the wake from one of the cityferries almost cutting right infront of it

that style of boat with a tallish bait board on the back and a loud engine

yeah that sounds like the one i saw.... w@nkers.

To you two guys out there, whoever you are, you may be on this site. If you are reading this message, all i can say is your actions last nite is poor. Its pathetic, and i really hope you dont do it again. What goes around comes around. One of these nites when you stir up again, either the coppers will nab you or simply you pick on the wrong guys! Back off, and SLOW DOWN! If you had a few drinks before stirring the pot.... well... what can i say you bloody idiot.

that's a bugger hey .

now i luv a good drink ,but not driving the boat or canoe .

i'll have a few lights ,but keep to my quota so i can drive .

i do this even in the canoe with the electric on or paddling .

i figure i'm in charge ,control of the vessel and still could be booked .

like the riding a push bike thing .

and yahoos making noise that sucks .

i go to fish have a beer and hear nothing but the waves or wind .

not my wind ,that scares the fish off .

Archived