weekend at the pin

Troy_79

hey guys, last weekend me and a couple of mates spent the weekend on a houseboat down at the pin, we had actually planned to do this in june but couldnt wait so we decided to do it now and again in june So my mates told there girlfriends that this was just a test run and june will be the real deal:P

We spent friday night and sat morning at cobby passage which ended up being productive after getting off to a slow start, Friday night was fairly quiet only a few bream and flathead around so my mates headed off to bed at 1am but i stayed up and got onto some tailor on pillies at about 130am. Caught about 8 but only choppers no real size to them.

MY mate and i got up at 5am and headed off in the tinnie to my secret spot in cobby passage where there is a deep hole, it drops from 4ft to 24ft according to the sounder so we anchored up with our soft plastics and yabbies. after an hour nothing:( not even a nibble but as soon as my mate put his rode down to get a drink the rod went crazy:woohoo: something had finally taken our yabbie, didnt have a clue what it was, i thought it was a big flattie and after about 5min finally saw a silver flash so i thought it was a big trevally but to my surprise it was a jew:woohoo: My mate was wrapped as it was the first jew it had caught and also the biggest fish he had caught. then soon after i caught a nice flattie on my power bait.

The rest of the weekend was spent drinking eating watching the footy and catching fish couldnt ask for a better weekend really, cant wait until june, the big bream should be out in force and maybe some more jew from my secret hole:) Got some pics hopefully they work if not they will be soon

total talley

18 bream

5 flathead

10 whiting

1 shoval nose

1 baby hammerhead

1 jew

8 tailor

cheers, troy [img size=409]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/pic4-240a4d557827f670e0dfcfe781ea34e1.jpg

post-618-144598411016_thumb.jpg

Any pics of the baby hammerhead? That would have been a bit of a suprise?! Nice report, house boat holidays sure are good fun, if only it wasn't so expensive I would love to go on one each year. Oh well, perhaps I won some money in powerball last night, fingers crossed.:unsure:

Rocket75 wrote:

Any pics of the baby hammerhead? That would have been a bit of a suprise?! Nice report, house boat holidays sure are good fun, if only it wasn't so expensive I would love to go on one each year. Oh well, perhaps I won some money in powerball last night, fingers crossed.:unsure:

The house boat we had slept 10 people and if u are able to get around 10 people together and u go in off peak period its not that expensive cost us about 100 bucks each for 2 nights and 3 days. My mate has a photo of the hammerhead have to get a copy of it, was a surprise we ran out of pillies so i put a whole fillet of mullet on the gangs which did the trick also caught a flattie on the same rig:)

Its good to be able to get a group of mates together for something like that, really knocks the cost on the head. However when you have to take a family along cost is a killer!

I can afford most of the AFO trips, coz we all split the fees. But with a family of 5, I sure cant afford to take them on the types of fishing trips we (AFO) have been on in the last 12 months!

Angus wrote:

Awesome report mate and its looks like a great location!

Can you give us some info on the house boats you hired etc?

Thats the kind if thing id love to do. Also think i could twist the Mrs's arm on that one :)

Got the boat from broadwater houseboats, there website is www.broadwaterhouseboats.com.au. They have a large varity of boats to choose from. the site also has fishing reports from the houseboats aswell which helps

Post edited by: tls26, at: 2007/04/07 13:45

Archived