Lead free Jig heads.

Feral

Well after having trouble finding any locally, I finally found a source of lead free jig heads on Ebay. It is a canadian mob, and they use Bismuth as the weight instead of lead. So they should be only slightly larger (Roughly Bismuth is 9 t/m3 and Lead 11 t/m3).

http://stores.ebay.com.au/lots-of-lures

(just do a search on lead free within the store)

I have ordered roughly 100 1/16 and 1/32 lead free Jig Heads in 3 different styles. Some are on mustad hooks, some generic hooks.

I'll let everyone know what they are like when I get them. If I get them in time for Baroon, I'll share them around to the soft plastic users for a wider opinion!

Oh yeah - $31US delivered, so not real cheap! (Probably still cheaper than shop bought)

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/04/08 00:27

Found the Resin squidgee's locally but they were huge, Probably ok if you want to use a 100mm plastic.

I know TT do make an alloy jig head, Troy has already put me on to them, but not stocked in local tackle shops. Maybe next time I have some free time at lunch I can get into Jones's to see if they stock them. Mind you if these are ok, wont have to worry about it for a while!

Archived