Where to fish for a good day out with mates?

tobie10

I know there are tons of these sort of threads out there, but conditions seem to change a lot so any input would be appreciated!

Will be taking out a group of non-fisherpeople fishing this upcoming Saturday if the weather's ok. Just looking for an easy-ish spot to fish with good action, so things like bream and the other smaller saltwater goodies that would be happy to grab bits of prawn, hopefully at least some take home size. The closer to brisbane the better, but happy to travel a bit if necessary. I previously would have had some good spots in mind, but after an embarrassing trip trying to get a newbie into fishing a couple of months back at a spot that had always produced on the Gold Coast...except for that day apparently...thought I might ask for some tips first!

Thanks!

To be honest, I really don't think it'll be worth any Saltwater fishing this Saturday. Check out the wind http://www.seabreeze.com.au/Graphs/qld.asp

I'd recommend a nice quiet freshwater location, a fair way from the ocean, but doesn't have to be crazy far inland. Maybe something NPD or Wivenhoe. It's not a great weekend for fishing especially considering all the rain we've had has knocked around the rivers a fair bit. Someone else may have a better suggestion, but there won't be much on offer.

if the wind stays se over the week end then just about any southern bank of the brisbane river will be good, places like bulimba or the jetty near the gate way, the closer to the mouth of the river the clearer the water. colmslie or any access point from the southern bank will be ok chasing bream and other lil things.

deep water bend pine river a good spot for a group all though the water will be dirty from the dam going over.

coomera river up stream from the M1 bridge, pull up at the ramp there and fish along the bank up stream from here once again still dirty but will get bream and catties

the pine river below the dam for some fresh water fishing you can use peeled prawns and end up with silver perch , bass , yellas never know what will eat peeled prawns up there.

only suggestions but may help a bit for some choices :)

I've got exactly the same dilemma this weekend. Guy from work wants to give fishing a go, and with the predictions on seabreeze, I was thinking Bli Bli Barra park or Hinze Dam. Barra Park has a half price ad in QFM mag, and a lot less trouble than taking the boat out.

Thanks everyone, especially for the weather update. I might just move the trip or take one of the suggested options, will have to ask them. Should specify that I'll be landbased, but that wind would still be a bugger. Any suggestions for saltwater shore fishing for near future trips?

Archived