Tackle & Tinnie Show reports

goat_man_baa

went friday from midday til 6:00 at closing time.It was alright. Not to many bargains to be made on the boats/motors prices have pritty much stayed they same.

Got some really cheap beef jerky and biltong YUM!!and chewed on it while I downed a few beers in the beer tent :cheer:

bought a pair of supper strong lip grippers $15

plenty of free stickers live fibre,bush n beach, wilson,humminbird,minnkota,rapala.good ones to put on the eskies B)

bought lots of mackeral trolling lures from the dude upstairs.there the rubber gar looking lures. some have paddle tails some dont.$9 each

couple of bird teasers for somthing different to try as well $24 each

plastic swim bait with a big paddle tail and pre hooked and wieghted heavily in the head.pk of 2 $9 from the mob down stairs near the barra tank.

Bought a boatcatch as well.there the things that attatch to the winch post and make launching and retrieval of the boat alot easier.Ive never owned one so I thought I'd give em a go.fitted it up to the boat n trailor today looks real shmick ay. B)

things I saw that caught my eye-

bias boating had quality binnoculars for 299

gme stereo cd mp3 ipod with woofers just over 300 from memory Ithought that wasnt to bad.

complete johnson live well and wash down kits the lot cheap cant remember price but was good.

copper anchors had a good range of there anchors.starting at $33 to suit a small tinnie

if your after a good quality filleting knife there are plenty to choose from for under $50

rod holders rail mount type $15 there good aswell.

Kyaks were very well priced.

EPERBS on sale for 345 I think and quality flares for 50.

the 4WD section wasnt that huge but it was big enough.recovery gear was well priced.maxtrax were alot cheaper than what I paid for my last set. snatch straps and straun tyre deflaters going cheap.

some very nice German made jockey wheels for a trailor too.

what i didnt like-

Didnt think much of the engel fridges stall there a few 100 cheaper at bcf.

cast nets were well over priced.charltons has better quality for less coin.

there wasnt much in the way of sun protection.like quality hats and long sleive kwik dry shirts and there wasnt much in the way of wet weather gear either full rain coats etc.

apart from that I enjoyed it :woohoo:

mick

Came home and put the Caravan for sale after seeing the boats I decided to sell the caravan and buy a bigger boat, Only bought the boat 6 months ago and will now sell the van then the boat and have decided to buy up to a 6 metre one, not sure which one, dissapointed at the tackle though mostly looked cheap as stuff with some good gear thrown in. Ps Anyone wanting a caravan email me its on trading Post

Scope wrote:

fergie wrote:
i went there in search of some cheap fishing gear, instead i ended up buying a 425 stessco with a 40hp yamaha :woohoo:

Good effort mate. What kind of deal did they do you if you don't mind me asking?

was $7000 with a 30hp cv yamaha so upgraded to a 40hp 3 cyclinder yamaha and has side gunnels and side pockets, back stepping platform, casting deck with storage, inshore safety gear, on a trailer registered for $9000

went in on sunday not to buy but just to have sticky-beak

had a look at the yaks and dingy

viking yaks caught my eye

tempo fisherman 2 looked alright with the financial director looking very pleased with herself

a seat for the fisherman and one for the sight seeier

could go very well with the camper trailer

could be out on the water soon instead of being stuck on land

all in all it was OK nothing special

mac wrote:

went in on sunday not to buy but just to have sticky-beak

had a look at the yaks and dingy

viking yaks caught my eye

tempo fisherman 2 looked alright with the financial director looking very pleased with herself

a seat for the fisherman and one for the sight seeier

could go very well with the camper trailer

could be out on the water soon instead of being stuck on land

all in all it was OK nothing special

My mate has one of these that we fish out of. Very tight unit. I'd recommend it.

I went friday.there were no real outstanding bargains to be made on the tinnies/motors.there were a few but not that many really.

congratulation fergie on your new rig aswell mate. B)

I purchased a few things.-mackeral lures from the dude up stairs.the pre rigged soft plastic rubber gar fish and yakka troll baits $9 each. pre rigged hooked and wieghted in the head 6" soft plastic paddle tails for troling,there red heads natural shad bodies 2 for $9 from the stall near the barra/bass tank.

got one of those boat catches that goes on the winch post to make retrieval and launching a bit simpler.its a new design from cast stainless rated to 10 tonne its a 5exxy looking piece of equipment B) ive never owned one and thought i'd give em a go.

the boat catch is all fitted up and looks the goods :)

I enjoyed the show the beer was nice and cold too :cheer:

mick

We went Saturday morning. There was another mob promoting their Moreton Bay Classic. Kreel told the woman handing out leaflets that there's another MBC and she said "oh you mean the little one" :ohmy:

Stocked up on manns for $6 a pop, ratcheting straps for the yaks and some little fold out camping stools. That was fun riding home on the motorbike with all that kit. Only worthwhile going since we got free tix.

the AFTA tackle trade show is open only to registered members and is a trade industry only show. No selling is allowed there. there are non members who get in on passes obtained by participants.

i beleive that the website tacklenews will be doing some sort of coverage of the event and having pics and you tube videos on it when it happens.

it is sceduled for the gold coast again this year in august.

cheers

rob

hi brad

not that i am aware of. Many tackle stores dont attend shows for whatever reason they may have and importers dont go to them because the tackle stores crack the sh&*%s if importers and wholesalers start selling to the public and they then wont carry that importers stock.

if i hear of any i will let you know

cheers

rob

Well I went in yesterday with my two mates that came down from toowoomba.Looks like one of the boys has brought him self a new boat just has to pass it my the trouble and striff.

I finaly got aroud to buying a new real for the rod I bought of zim man at christmas.It's a little shimano seido 1000 paid $109 so now to get into the bream with the ecogear lures I got of ebay.

cheers dassa

Archived