also no snapper loving! river mouth

nadders

Sorry to steal your thread title wes but it was appropriate! hahaha

went out for a time limited session tonight, i wanted to crack a good jewie after teetering on legals over the past few sessions i was determined to get one over the ruler, couldnt handle my mate on thursday just about doing the deed haha

as a stroke of luck would have it, i came up trumps with a 79 from deep in the fish traps. we decided to divvy him up for a chew as the opportunity since the new rules is that much more elusive, been almost a yr since i had a munch on fresh jew.

Pretty happy ive said it before and ill say it again the jewies fight above their weight and this one was no exception

cheers

Dan

dansratjew.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: awesome jew dan, and i will accept a lure for copy right of title :laugh: ;) jokes

i still have not landed a jew from the mouth, maybe i will start asking the fishing gods for one and i bet i end up with that 60cm+ snapper instead :laugh: might get down wednesday night for a quick session!

ive still got the mojo lure that caught the jack, its fish count on thurs+saturday sessions was

-52 jack

-54 snap

-45 snap

-74 jew ( :angry: so close lol )

-41 tailor

-42 tailor

and its fine, not ripped or torn still swims the same (although im not keen on using it anymore its in the hall of fame haha)

the snaps are a good test i think, i had a few trebles obliterated by the crushing jaws but the lure being flexible absorbs the bite if that makes sense

the lure in last nights jew was the same one that caught the jack that got sharked and it was also fine, though i lost it to the rock monster later on

cheers

dan

nadders wrote:

dont do that to me steve, txt me pics and deets lol

I did that mate and you want a report as well :laugh: sorry no pics though :(

After seeing the reports from Wes and hearing that the river was firing your report

was the final incentive to head straight from work for a fish. Went straight to the same area for the last of the run out. Caught an assortment of bycatch, some tailor a big pike a catty and a flatty. Got one nice jew about 90cm and a little one 65cm and a very nice grunter 60 cm all fish caught on plastics 4inch power baits and 5 inch hoo daddys on 1 sixth and 1 quarter jig heads. Warren had 3 soft hookups that came unstuck quickly threadies ? and got similar bycatch. all fish exept the grunter released jew tagged.

cheers Steve

PS also no snapper loving river mouth :lol:

awesome session as well steve! i am glad the snapper were giving a few of us the cold shoulder and not just me :laugh: thats a stonker grunter and great jew!! i will have to try some old trick spots for the snapper in the middle of no where! there is one spot that is smack in the middle and produces at the right time of year funny thinng is there is no structure of any sort just a slight change in depth!!

Archived