yak fish in Bris River Sat early am

robtarr

The minister for war and finance reckons I lose a whole day when I take the boat out :( so I'll wet the yak instead :) she can't complain if only lose half the day. Haven't been there for ages but putting in at the end of the track to the poop chute if anyone's interested to join me - I'll be in a dark grey Landcruiser with a green Hobie. Plan to fish plastics along the bank for flatties while the currents running hard and bounce them down the drop off for anything else when it's not. Should be little breeze and a good tide to fish over.

robtarr i was planning on putting in at the ramp at fishies, is that ramp still open ? i seem to recall seeing something last week on here about maybe it being closed ??

My plans were to head out along the wharves and try and raise something substantial.

Not to be one to negotiate with terrorists, i just finished rigging up my light jig rod with Freams 4500, 30lb braid and some small 80-100g flutter & knife jigs.

But i'll also take along a 15lb light snapper rod and a 5lb lure rod in case i have to change tactics...

Planning on using small jigs, 5" plastics and 4" prongs. Even considering taking some pillies as well and dropping a few down on a paternoster.

jeff f wrote:

good luck

i'm going to put in at colleges and head for the mt crosby wier

never seen that part of the river before, troll a couple of lures

and just have a look around.

Hey Jeff howd ya go? i'm thinking of heading out that way tomoro

dan25 should have a think about the mouth - sorry no pics but great morning on the water and plenty of activity between dawn and the top of the tide. I hooked 3 flatties - 1 undersize, 2nd went about 50 and dropped a stonker at about 70 at the side of the yak - let her lift her head out and give it a shake - stupid mistake. Plus an undersize jew around 60. 2 guys fishing from a maroon tinny called "far canal" pulled another 3 good flatties. Mine were all taken on 3" Gulp prawns.

Archived