Peel Island, North Straddy, Rainbow Channel Report

Beejay

Hey Guys,

Made another effort this weekend to get out of bed and do something so took the missus and the dog over to Peel Island from Manly and had lunch on the beach, then we went and tried some soft plastics on the drift down the rainbow channel from around Bird Island to The Myora Light.

The weather was great, the water was blue and the bottom was easily seen in 3 meters of water, I could actually see how these soft plastics lures looked bouncing of the bottom and seen a couple of fish have a red hot go at them :woohoo:

Im not an expert with lures and ive really just started to give them a try here and there, and I must say they are pretty good.

Before today I had never caught a flathead on a soft plastic lure, but by the end of our 3 hour session, I had caught 6 on plastics B)

All the flathead were small between 25 - 30 cm,s but were really fun to catch cos I was only using 6lb mono tied straight to the plastic.

I caught 3 on Gulp Nuclear chickens, then I changed to a pink speckled berkley plastic and got the other 3. All fish were released unharmed.

They were all small fish but hey atleast not a donut today like last Saturday :laugh:

The dog was pretty stuffed when we got home :laugh: P3270039.JPG

Yeah was awesome out there today Dan, was so good that when we got tired we just anchored up in the middle of Rainbow channel and the 3 of us had a nana nap, it felt awesome to be out on the water again.

The bay was kind to us today....cheers Beejay

Im not too sure on the size blue vien, but the Nuclear chiken gulps were a bit smaller than the Berkley pink one i used, which Im guessin was 6-8 cms.

Yeah mate you are right, today was just one of those perfect days on the bay that makes you want to come back and do it again the next day....cheers Beejay

Archived