HOLIDAY AT HINZE DAM

chippee4132

ANGUS, THE WEBMASTER AND I WENT ON A TRIP TO HINZE DAM, WE HAD TO STAY IN A CABIN.

THERE WAS A PLACE THAT HAD A ROOM WITH THREE BEDS, THE OWNER OF THE MOTEL WAS NOT THERE BUT HIS SON WAS, HE SAID THE ROOM WAS GOING TO COST US $30, SO WE GAVE HIM $10 EACH

A LITTLE WHILE LATER, THE OWNER OF THE MOTEL CAME BACK, HIS SON TOLD HIM ABOUT US PAYING $30 FOR THE ROOM AND HE SAID \"NO, THAT ROOM IS ONLY $25, SO HERE IS FIVE BUCKS, GO AND GIVE THEM A REFUND\"

ON HIS WAY BACK THE SON THOUGHT TO HIMSELF THAT HE CANT SPLIT $5 BETWEEN 3 DUDES SO HE GAVE US $1 EACH AND KEPT $2

SO NOW WE HAVE ONLY PAYED $9 EACH

THE SON ONLY TOOK $2

$9 TIMES 3 = $27 PLUS THE SONS $2 THAT IS ONLY $29

WHERE HAS THE OTHER $1 GONE????

chippee4132 wrote:

ANGUS, THE WEBMASTER AND I WENT ON A TRIP TO HINZE DAM, WE HAD TO STAY IN A CABIN.

THERE WAS A PLACE THAT HAD A ROOM WITH THREE BEDS, THE OWNER OF THE MOTEL WAS NOT THERE BUT HIS SON WAS, HE SAID THE ROOM WAS GOING TO COST US $30, SO WE GAVE HIM $10 EACH

A LITTLE WHILE LATER, THE OWNER OF THE MOTEL CAME BACK, HIS SON TOLD HIM ABOUT US PAYING $30 FOR THE ROOM AND HE SAID \"NO, THAT ROOM IS ONLY $25, SO HERE IS FIVE BUCKS, GO AND GIVE THEM A REFUND\"

ON HIS WAY BACK THE SON THOUGHT TO HIMSELF THAT HE CANT SPLIT $5 BETWEEN 3 DUDES SO HE GAVE US $1 EACH AND KEPT $2

SO NOW WE HAVE ONLY PAYED $9 EACH

THE SON ONLY TOOK $2

$9 TIMES 3 = $27 PLUS THE SONS $2 THAT IS ONLY $29

WHERE HAS THE OTHER $1 GONE????

Haha, for this, I'll de-lurk myself.

If the son kept the $2, that meant the 3 dudes paid $25 (father) + $2 (son) = $27 all together.

Which is $9 each for you, Angus and the Webmaster for this I assume hypothetical case - since the story sounds AWFULLY familiar.

Chippee, it's an old trick

In the end, Angus, Webmaster and you only paid $9 each, that's $27.

$25 for the cabin

$2 for the son

that's $27. $9 x 3 = $27.

What missing dollar?

Edit: The area where people go wrong when thinking about this \"problem\" is which side of the equation they put the son on. You always need to keep the son on the same side as the owner.

So: You 3 = Owner + Son

30 = 30 + 0

30 = 25 + 5

30 - 3 = 25 + 2

27 = 27

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2007/04/10 22:19

Archived