Un-planned Tinnie & Trailer Modifications

Stinger

All set up and waiting for the new permits to start the fishing year at NPD.

Thursday aftrenoon Reefraider decided to take the tinnie for a run at Deepwater Bend with just the electric motor to chase some prawns.

He stopped at a set of lights on his way home when another vehicle decided to use the boat ad trailer as a brake.

Needless to say there were a few un-planned modifications done to all items involved.

The vehicle hit so hard tha it managed to bend the tow bar tongue up to near 90 degrees and there was a bit of panel damage . Waiting to find out what other damage was done to his car.

I think it was probably lucky the boat was on the back of his car or there may have been a lot more damage to Reefraiders car and probably a few injuries as well.

I hadn't got around to getting the insurance done so now I will have to see what sort of a fight I have with the other drivers insurance company.

Luckily Refaider's and the other car were both insured so no problem there and hopfully once they have acknowledged that claim I won't have to many problems.

Damage to trailer

The trailer draw bar bent at near right angle to trailer.

Trailers rear cross member bent

Roller brackets bent and broken

Winch arm broken off

Damage to Boat

2 holes punched in front

Rear panel dented in on on side and popped out on the other

Numerous dents buckels and gauges along hull

P1000987Large.jpg

P1010008Large.jpg

P1000991Large.jpg

P1000998Large.jpg

P1010005Large.jpg

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

ouch .

trailer looks like it has been chewed up and spat out .

i'm not sure on this ,but wouldn't at least the trailer be covered but the car insurance .

Pretty sure it depends on your policy Davo

Good luck with the repairs Stinger. Hope it all works out for you mate

• 4 weeks later...

Archived