River side park Seventeen Mile Rocks

Saffa

Took my familly for a drive to the River Side Park at Seventeen Mile Rocks. Went for a walk around the park and came across the old wharf. It looks like a great place to fish from land based. Has anyone ever fished from this spot? I did not see any signs that says no fishing. It looks as if it can be a good spot for threadys and maybe bull sharks.

Cheers Bruce

hi mate, yeah some of my mates have fished from there...apparently all they catch is bream. They claim they have had a few bust offs.... Its nice when you walk across those logs and onto those nice big rocks on the riverfront... looks clean, but i'd hate to slip over on em.... you can kiss your life good bye.

Ive checked it out before but never have been too keen to fish there. Could possibly be a great spot but have to say, not for me.

Fishing during the day would be ok i guess... goin at nite.... well.... it would freak me out a bit.

If you do fish there mate, let us know how you go....

Cheers,

ty

Yea mate it would not be fun fishing there at night. One would want to go with a few people and as for parking one cant park in the river side car park as it is closed at night. Soaking a live bait from there I reckon one could catch something decent.

yeah i reckon you're best off fishing with another person there... just incase...

if the tide comes right up, you might have to becareful too. suprisingly the water quatlity is pretty good there..

Brisbane river... i say if you can see a foot deep, its bloody clean. :laugh:

I reckon lures would be good there.. or a chunk of mullet flesh and set the drag!

the old concrete wharf is all silted up and less than 2 feet deep at low tide. I have fished there a bit and have seen schools of threadies smashing up the prawns there. There are cod in amongst the rocks and some very deep holes downstream from there, but when the tide is going it really rips through there. On a big run out tide the water drops a good foot and a half as it races through the gap in the rocks there, not a place for a kayak or small tinnie

Archived