brissy river fires for my kids

tugger

went down to the comslie ramp at 10am today and threw the net around till we got a bucket full of livies then set off for our spot nearby. with the usual catfish making a show we finally got onto a decent threadfin and my daughter brooke got stuck into it but groaned everytime it took a run. after a couple of minutes it was near the surface when it wore through the leader, yep silly dad forgot to bring the heavy leader along for the day. this happened a second time to us not long after then we finally boated a decent fish it was a snapper going 40cm. i targeted the turn of the tide for the trip and as it bottomed out we got a flathead that went 55cm and our livies were starting to run out with the catfish hammering them. down to our last livie i put a bit of squid on for the kids on a couple of rods then a rod gets the tap and my son brock steps up. well after a few runs he surfaces and brooke netted a jew for her brother. it went just over the 60cm and was brocks pb jew so he was rapped. sorted the boat out then called it a day with the kids happy and their mother getting some time free for mothers day it was a succesfull trip. run into rob as we were pulling out at the ramp and had a quick chat about next weekend with the MBC. got home in time to clean the boat and watch the broncos flog the storm

go the broncos IMG_2127.JPG

Archived