Raby Bay :D

JamesMac

Heyy all,

Just thought i would let you know how we have gone in Raby Bay.

Last Night ,8th of may, My dad (mac), sister, her boyfriend and I. fished the raby bay with some success. we caught a small bream, Moses perch, two big fights unsuccesfully and a Shovel Nose Shark to finish. My sisters boyfriend has got me into cast netting that night he caught us plenty of bait and two mullet both legal size.

Today ,9th of may, I pulled in my first ever tailor just over 42cm he was on my first cast too :side: the two casts later i was hooked on a small Estuary Cod both of these i used a soft plastic .after a couple of pics the cod went back to where it came from. Then my dad (mac) caught a small bream. then a small mono.. then my sisters boyfriend caught a luderick in his cast net he was aprox. 45cm+

Thank Guys for all the tips and help..

Pics :side:

IMG_0060_AFO.jpg

IMG_0066_AFO.jpg

IMG_0065_AFO-20100509.jpg

IMG_0062_AFO.jpg

IMG_0064_AFO.jpg

IMG_0063_AFO.jpg

nice work there. My parents used to live there and I always thought it was a good place to fish. Their neighbor used to feed the fish and the bream there where big and many. I think it must be good there, some hard work and you will work out how to catch fish there regularly.

On the first pic if you look behind you there is two rock walls enclosing a beach, behind that (out of sight) is another rock wall that can be accessed by road.

High tide at dusk is a good time to fish there with live bait or squid.

But good effort, there is some nice water there, you might work it out yet.

cheers

Archived