Healthy Bass

Dinodadog

Ray is going crook about the lack of NPD posts so I thought I would put up a few pics for him to get him back in the fishing mode before he gets home from overseas this weekend. There has been plenty of bass around but not to many are willing to take lures. I got 34 bass and a yella this morning with only 3 of the bass on lures.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

Nice fat bass npd8_6_10_001.JPG

Ross yes the rest were on shrimp

Travis usualy find the thermocline on the sounder, if its at 20ft then you need lures to go just above it. If no thermo then try lures that go down to 20ft this is usualy a good starting point. Watch the sounder also and run your lures where or just above the suspended fish.

Brian had to leave them biting as it was my turn to bite.Wife missed out on the yella as it was tagged.

Ted there is no secrets,just keep moving around till you see a couple of fish on the sounder then drop a shrimp down or try jigging a plastic or other lure. Usualy where you see a couple of fish there will be more following that same track.

Dinodadog wrote:

Ross yes the rest were on shrimp

Travis usualy find the thermocline on the sounder, if its at 20ft then you need lures to go just above it. If no thermo then try lures that go down to 20ft this is usualy a good starting point. Watch the sounder also and run your lures where or just above the suspended fish.

Brian had to leave them biting as it was my turn to bite.Wife missed out on the yella as it was tagged.

Ted there is no secrets,just keep moving around till you see a couple of fish on the sounder then drop a shrimp down or try jigging a plastic or other lure. Usualy where you see a couple of fish there will be more following that same track.

No worries thanks for that think ill have to up the gain to pick up the thermo, its a lower price range sounder

Not long to go now. Currently camped on shores of lake taupo. Had our second sunny day since we have been here. Lotws of snow fell last 2 days so scenery very spectular.

Wellington has had 2 sunny days in last month who would want to live there?

Cheers

Ray

rayke1938 wrote:

Not long to go now. Currently camped on shores of lake taupo. Had our second sunny day since we have been here. Lotws of snow fell last 2 days so scenery very spectular.

Wellington has had 2 sunny days in last month who would want to live there?

Cheers

Ray

Looking foward to the pictures Ray...

Archived