Southport Seaway

Brian D

I am going to take my Diawa flick stick to work and throw SP's along the breakwall after work. I think I know how to catch the trevally. But I don't have a good land based rig.

Does anyone have any suggestion what is best nowadays?

I used to use 6'6\" Ugly sticks with 2500 shamino and 8' Ugly with 4500 shimano but I don't have them anymore.

Has anyone done this?

• 9 months later...

THAT IS A FUNNY SPOT TO FISH BRIAN, WE USED TO USE 14FT SURF RODS THERE BECAUSE WHEN YOU GET YOUR LURE/BAIT CLOSE IT WAS EASY TO SNAG UP ON THE ROCKS, THE BEST PLACE IS RIGHT AT THE END ON AN OUTGOING TIDE, YOU COULD CAST YOU LINE OUT INTO THE SEAWAY AND THE TIDE WOULD TAKE IT OFFSHORE FOR YOU, WE CAUGHT THREE EXTRA LARGE SHOVELNOSE SHARKS THERE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO WITH LIVE PODDYS, THEY WERE OVER TWO METRES LONG, I NEVER KNEW THE SHOVELS GOT THAT BIG, THEY EVEN LOST THERE BROWN COLOUR AND WERE GREY LOOK A BULLY

Funny spot- yeah it was but when I posted it, a few months ago, it seamed like a good call. I used to love fishing off the Tweed break walls - heaps of good fish.

I was looking for some trevs or school jew and a bit of walking exercise.

AS to big Shovels - have a look at this mother - it was about 12' or so. [img size=463]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/000_0036-da006b9e0af1caa81e1152b96a46c1d7.jpg

post-118-144598411652_thumb.jpg

Archived