bream on blades colours?

FishoDave

hey guys

i was thinking of picking up a few blades soon and try am out in some local water for bream, flathead and water else comes along.

basically i was going to look at blades and vibes. some examples are:

strike pro micro vibe

cyber vib

possible switchblade

i'm basically looking at some around the $10 mark and not too much more.

just wondering if anyone knows some fairly successful colours to use. just to point me in the right direction.

thanks,

Dave

from my own experiences as well as the statistics i've tracked based on sales from my own lures, the best performing colours tend to be the more subtle realistic ones.

I like the light colours, white, clear, or a bit of colour but presented in a natural way (like subtle purple sheens as seen on real baitfish)

alot of flathead guys like bright colours but i've never really gone for unnatural tones personally

i like blades for the castability but for what ever reason i havent managed a good bream on them yet iv used strike pro, TT and ecogear blades and only managed good flathead and tailor which seem to like to steal my blades when i use light leader

as for price the strikepro are cheap and iv had good sessions on flathead on them, theres a place iv just found that i can fish a channel on low tide that looks prime blade fising as its mud flats so going to take the blades next time and persevere especially with the ecogear ZX's

also look for custom blades my mate makes blades im going to try them let you know how i go

cheers guys :)

what are the prices of TT and damiki vaults?

i got an idea on the strike pro stuff, i think they're around 12

Kenshin wrote:

i like blades for the castability but for what ever reason i havent managed a good bream on them yet iv used strike pro, TT and ecogear blades and only managed good flathead and tailor which seem to like to steal my blades when i use light leader

as for price the strikepro are cheap and iv had good sessions on flathead on them, theres a place iv just found that i can fish a channel on low tide that looks prime blade fising as its mud flats so going to take the blades next time and persevere especially with the ecogear ZX's

also look for custom blades my mate makes blades im going to try them let you know how i go

good luck on that trip mate :)

FishoDave wrote:

hey guys

i was thinking of picking up a few blades soon and try am out in some local water for bream, flathead and water else comes along.

basically i was going to look at blades and vibes. some examples are:

strike pro micro vibe

cyber vib

possible switchblade

i'm basically looking at some around the $10 mark and not too much more.

just wondering if anyone knows some fairly successful colours to use. just to point me in the right direction.

thanks,

Dave

Send AFO member SCROTE a pm, he makes decent blades at a good price and they work ;)

Archived