shelf 2

mackmauler

headed off sth passage at first light, all the lures re rigged ready for bear, my usual crew mick and his mate along for his first outside trip, we planned to fish for blues with a couple of bait lines out which was good practice for the newby. the stripy tuna were in big packs 2-3kg fish rocketing into the lures, hooked up about 20 of them but the big lines never got a touch, the weather was superb though. [img size=398]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/pictureffba_003.jpg

post-880-14459841225_thumb.jpg

thats about 40ks east from the south end of moreton, return inc trolling I do 180-200km for a fuel burn of around 90L depending on conditions.

good chance im headn out tomorrow being a monday could be hard getting crew anyone keen? share cost

Post edited by: mackmauler, at: 2007/04/22 12:45

hey jordan, the weather is spot on tomorrow, the rest of the wk looks ok just not quiet spot on:( the fact of the matter is right now is a good time to fish that area as we get more towards winter i dont go out there, too dangerous if a westerly comes up and there is less chance of a fish anyway.

i norm go from manly or cleveland, count the number of days on one hand i get to the shelf though, just not enough opportunities between weather and other crap.

Ah got you mate.

Sweet.

I misjudged that due to the angle they were sitting like you said. I always imagined those ridges on Tuna to be quite rigid.

Well you learn something new everyday.

The colours in that photo i must say are amazing as well.

Angus

Went on the trip with Mackmauler yesterday. Had an awesome day with perfect conditions.

Mackmauler really knows his stuff when it comes to boating and fishing and a top bloke. Karma to you.

Report coming soon.

PS you missed out big time Jordan:evil:

Archived