Help: Bribie and Pumicestone Passage

FishingNewbie

Hi all,

just looking for some tips and advice as I am fairly new to fishing and not having much success. I'm heading up to pumicestone passage (sandstone point area) this weekend and looking to catch some decent bream and maybe some flatties. Now I have been up there a few times before and caught nothing. I'm a sucker for soft plastics but either I'm doing something seriously wrong or there's no fish left in the sea because im not cathing a thing!

Now I have a boat and my set up is a 6'6" Shakespeare Synergy Graphite rod with matching Synergy 2500 size reel spooled with 4kg line. I have tried a variety of different plastics and have had no success :(

So does anyone have any tips about where I should be trying and what plastics/techniques I should be using to try and catch at least one fish!

My plan is to hit the water as early as possible (the boat is not set up for night fishing so as soon as it gets light) and the tides are 07:52 low tide and high tide is at 13:53. I've always been told to fish on the turn of the high tide so is it worth going early?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Pete

Have a crack up around the area at Lime Pocket & Mission Point, both north and south of it, however, be aware of the green zones

I have been getting some cracking flathead up that way, with approx 30 boated in 6 trips

Drift the channel in front of lime pocket with the tides and you should come across some

Unfortunatly I don't have a sounder yet so I've just been fishing visual structure like the bridge and the mouth of Ningi creek. As for retrival I have tried slow retrive as well as the burn and kill method. And i'll give Lime Pocket and Mission Point a go....30 flatties is impressive! Thanks guys

Hey Pete, try around Toorbul and Donnybrook, take a yabby pump and pump some yabbies on the exposed sand banks on the outgoing tide, if you go down the donnybrook boat ramp head to the right from memory about 1-2 klms up there are some old oyster leases, I used to get super sized bream there in the channels close to the mangroves.

You should have no problem hooking into a few whiting as well. Use the yabbs and have a light bean sinker running to a swivel with about 80 cm 10lb leader, as long as your sinker is running you wont spook the bream.....cheers Beejay

Archived