Fishing For Snapper in the Brisbane River

bennyh

Guys i am looking for ALL OF YOUR SECRETS MWAHAHAH.

Nah i am looking for your individual ways of catching these great creatures in the Brisbane river from WHERE you catch them? what time you catch them ?what tide you catch them? what bait you catch them on? what gear your using to catch them. if you burley up? how deep you fish in ? what rigs do you use? i am new to this and want as much info as i can get.

I have been fishing the brisbane river for the last week or so dropping in at boggy creek so if you say landmarks in the creek i should kinda understand where you are talking about. ( hopefully ).

Thanks Men

Very much appreciated

Ben.

Just go out on Tuggers boat. Wait for him to hand you the rod and wind it in :laugh:

Thats how you do it Kreel? :P

Seriously though, park 30m out from the wharf opposite Boggy and cast some fresh or live bait in the direction of the wharf as the sun comes up or goes down. Just pick a time when there is a bit of run in the tide either side of high

pilchards or mullet strip work well for bait and i normally use 4/0 gamagatsu circle hooks with a sinker on top of it and just heavy enough to just get you to the botom. i use 20 to 25 lb monfiliment line on my reel and feel for the bites as i'm dropping the bait down as snapper will often hit you on the drop. like tomca says 30m plus away from the wharfs or along the rock wall past them heading out to the bay

good luck

mark

post it here mate, not sure if its the right place but get it up! make sure it's before midnight! hopefully you can give brian a run for his money hahaha

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/50-fish-of-the-month/268107-2010-june-damiki-fish-of-the-month-chat?limit=20&start=20

yeah how many times have we tried that and only got catfish stingrays or other puss fish. i lost hope for the brissy river til you got that jew, but realy, how far between are the good fish bloody to far but i suppose nothing beats fresh bait for more fish, i just wish brissy had more estruaries like nq

Archived